Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing P0341 on cold starts

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwing P0341 on cold starts

Heads, cam, and Maggie are in. Cold and hot starts are hard and theres lots of misfires on all cylinders. On the cold starts I'm throwing a P0341 cam position code. We connected a Tech II while the car was running cleared the codes and checked the cam position sensor and it was cycling like it should. So is this just a tuning issue then or could there be something else wrong?

EPP Blower cam Specs:
232/240
595/608
115 LSA
Old 05-31-2009, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default hard start issue

Well recently cam across the same issue with a vette we were working on with the p0341 code, althought this car had had a 402 put in it with cam sensor relocated, (Steve) at http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/services3.htm

found the issue being it was wired wrong ounce repaired it was good to go with the cold and hot start (along with tuning) If thats not the case then did you make sure that the cam bolts and plate were installed corectly the cam may be walking and causing the code. Mutiply missfires due to plug gap or tune do you get the missfires at idle is this a ls1 or 2 didnt see what type of engine it was.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is much tuning that still needs to be done. The tuner told me that he did the drivability tuning. The car has still yet to tuned on the dyno and I think there is still some drivability tuning that needs to be done. He was trying to tune the car when there were 2 wrong connections. At that time the fan wasn't even turning on. When the car is warm and the codes are reset they don't come back. Also when looking at the cam sensor on the Tech II it looks as though its cycling like it should.

Quick Reply: Throwing P0341 on cold starts