Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need DTC help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need DTC help

i had my car out sat. night and i noticed it started to run poorly, lack of power, poor idle etc. the check engine light came on. when i scanned it i got 4 codes.

p0103
p0108
p0135
p0155

the car has been switched over to speed density now for a couple of months so i heard the MAF code is normal. Has anyone else that has gone speed density seen similar codes? Any help would be great.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Codes

103 is Mass or volume air flow circuit high input

108 is MAP / BARO circuit high

135 is O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sens 1)

155 is O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 2 sens 1)

Since your in SD, ur right about the MAF code.

I switched both my TA's to SD and no codes. In HP Tuners, I turned off SES light for the MAF codes.

Find it hard to believe that both O2's took a dump at once so check into the MAP sensor.

Have any way of checking it's output ? a scanner or a VOM ?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

with the O2's, since it is throwing MAF codes, its more than likely richening the **** out of the mix, and keeping the O2's from getting hot. i would fix the MAF code and check A/F, see then if the O2's start working again.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfortunately i don't have any way to check it right now. i work 2 hours from where i keep the car. i had 0135 come up over the winter when the car was stored and i started it every once and a while. so maybe the other o2 just caught up? the MAP is the one that worries me more. I cleared the codes and drove the car home Sat. night and the longer i drove the worse it felt. maybe 6 miles i just didnt want to have it towed. i have a call into the tunder as well. but the same issue the car is over an hour away from then. i was looking for what i could trouble shoot on my own before arranging a trailer to get it to the shop.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

remember this, with normal MAF tune, the computer relies on both the MAF and the MAP to decide fuel trims from load, when you go speed density, you eleminate one of thoes monitors, so when your MAP goes bad without a MAF to back it up, your computer doesnt know if your beating on it, or just putzing around town. all it knows is the throttle blade is open this far and i better dump some fuel in just incase im climbing a hill. so by default, it will run pig rich.