PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know what causes the "poor MAF performance" code to be thrown??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 10:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Anyone know what causes the "poor MAF performance" code to be thrown??

I've never had this problem in the past. It just showed up recently when I was having some problems with erratic mis-fires on my car. That whole deal turned out to be sugar in the gas tank

I fixed all of that and added 42.5lb injectors( re-scaled IFR w/ls1 edit) along with a TR 224/227 .563/.569 114lsa.

I'm still getting the same "poor MAF performance" code. I swapped it with my girlfriends MAF and still the same thing.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Originally Posted by 2002BLKTA
Do you have a paypal account I can send you the money too.

Originally Posted by SSmokin 01
Do you know about how many miles are on them

Hey just wondering how firm you are on the injectors I have $300 that I can spend on injectors. Let me know. Thanks

How about $325?
Maybe 8k.

I have an account, but not one I can recieve with.

[QUOTE=SSmokin 01]

PAYMENT:

I don't have a verified Paypal account so I can't recieve.

Due to the $$'s involved with the Procharger/piping I can work something out with payment/fees through my friends verified Paypal account if that's the only way.

Everything else,I'll take a money order or personal check. If you use a money order I'll ship it out the day after I recieve it. If you use a check I'll need to wait until it clears before I ship.

I will contact you by either phone,e-mail, PM, or all of the above once I recieved payment. I'll also provide you with pics (in this thread) of your payment,your package,and tracking # once shipped.

I can understand any hesitance in paying by this method. Nobody wants to get screwed. You can check my trader rating for some assurance that I'm honest in my dealings.

I'm a member of LIFBA (Long Island F-body Association) and a Moderator on our home message board www.FastLSX.com. My screen name is the same over there as it is here. You could post over there if you would like to inquire about me. I'm not hard to track down.

If your serious about a part/s and are more comfortable speaking over the phone I can PM you my #.

Thanks
Preston

Last edited by SSmokin 01; 05-27-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had this problem in the past. It just showed up recently when I was having some problems with erratic mis-fires on my car. That whole deal turned out to be sugar in the gas tank

I fixed all of that and added 42.5lb injectors( re-scaled IFR w/ls1 edit) along with a TR 224/227 .563/.569 114lsa.

I'm still getting the same "poor MAF performance" code. I swapped it with my girlfriends MAF and still the same thing.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
if you swapped the maf and it doesnt fix it...there is a small fuse in one of the boxes that has to do with the maf...its a little 20 amp somewhere...i cant remember where...when i threw a maf code one time that was the culprit...check all your fuses
Old 11-10-2003, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikemodano9c
if you swapped the maf and it doesnt fix it...there is a small fuse in one of the boxes that has to do with the maf...its a little 20 amp somewhere...i cant remember where...when i threw a maf code one time that was the culprit...check all your fuses

Thanks. I'll check that tommorrow.

Just FYI, the code is: P0101- MAF performance.

Anyone else? Could positive ltrims, bad O2's, etc, etc, cause this?

The newest thing now is when coming to a stop, sometimes the car will hunt really hard for an idle(sometimes stall) and other times idle down just fine. The car idled fine for the first 90 miles since I fired it up. It set the code once after the initial re-start and then set it more frequently just recently. 4-5 times during a 15 minute drive. The freeze frame date in autotap showed it once at 834rpm and once at 4300rpm. Its like it blinks in and out. Thanks for anymore help.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:48 PM
9 Second Club

Checked all the fuses today and everything checked out. I knew it couldn't be that easy
Old 11-11-2003, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked all the fuses today and everything checked out. I knew it couldn't be that easy
that sounds exactly like my problem...

i would reset the computer and it would run fine...turn it off...and it wouldnt even want to idle...

you checked the fuses under the hood right?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikemodano9c

you checked the fuses under the hood right?

Yep, every one of them.

Name:  0enclosure2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  142.0 KB
Name:  0enclosure3.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  154.0 KB
Name:  0enclosure6.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  149.7 KB
Name:  0enclosure4.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  216.4 KB
Name:  0enclosure5.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  301.5 KB
Name:  0rca1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  191.9 KB
Name:  0rca2.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  173.9 KB
Name:  0usb1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  155.5 KB
Name:  0usb2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  72.5 KB

Last edited by SSmokin 01; 05-24-2007 at 02:49 AM.