Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no connection to interface OBD II checks good

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default no connection to interface OBD II checks good

I have a serial interface that i believe is not working. I flashed a tune to the car then started and tried going to scanner, when i tried to connect it said serial interface not found check connection or something along those lines. I have checked the fuse to the ODBII and it has power and ground at the appropriate pins. Is there a internal fuse in the dongle? or something else i can try to fix this or would it just be better to upgrade to the MPVI interface?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't use the serial interface, but sometimes I have to unplug and plug back in my interface or my laptop won't see it. I have to specially do this after flashing a tune.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

i tried that along with another pc. i'm not getting power to my USB adapter. trying to get what pins would have power, so i can see if it is the interface or adapter.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Well after HP Tuners would not tell me what pins should have power. I started troubleshooting the wires with a voltmeter and found there was power all the way to the USB adapter and found that was the problem. Cost me 41.32 but after fixing that i made some by tuning out codes so i broke even.

I was not impressed with HPT's customer service. They were timely and wrote back and forth but all they wanted me to do was send it in for them to fix or upgrade. They said they wouldn't tell me what pin should have power out because it was repair info. So if anyone is wondering it is pin 2. I am due to upgrade in by August but i am not sure that i will. I am going to check out EFI live.