PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem getting conversion started.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem getting conversion started.

I got an HPtuner log while cranking. Not sure if I hit enough parameters as I was pretty beat by the time I got things working.

Looks like injector pulsewidth isn't doing much while cranking. I pulled the VCM info and VATS was set to PWM. I changed that to none but have since read that on the '04 GTO, as long as it is PWM or OFF, it is technically off.

I read up a bit on VATS and it mentioned the BCM. This is a conversion and I don't have the BCM (from an '04 GTO).

.hpl while cranking attached.

VCM was mailorder tune (wait4me).
VCM/harness originally 04 GTO auto. Converted to T56. I made the harness a standalone also.
Engine is '02 LS6 with f-body cable TB in an '01 Miata. Stock otherwise. F-body descreened MAF.
GTO front O2s, no rears.

I do have fuel pressure at the rail. Not measured yet but enough to pump old gas in tank into a container. Pump is a Walbro 255 hp. "No fuel" problems usually seem to be related to VATS but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,
Frank
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
1st cranking.hpl (6.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-30-2009, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Bumping this. Injectors only show 2 pw in the log while cranking. TPS doesn't show voltage in my log. Should the TPS show a voltage while cranking?

I noticed another post regarding IGN+ to PCM being being hot while cranking. I'll make sure where I tapped the IGN+ in the Miata stays hot during cranking. I've got such a clusterfuck of wires in the interior now maybe I tapped into something that drops voltage during cranking.

If I'm only talking to myself in this thread, at least if I figure it out it'll be one for the archives.

Frank
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you resolved this??

Im having issues with my conversion too. I started my own thread too.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ead-sorry.html

Maybe keep an eye on there, and Ill keep my eye on here, and hopefully we can get something to happen.

Do you have a cable TB or DBW?? You should be able to see the feedback from the TPS on VCM Scanner if you move the pedal. Is there any timing advance going into it??