PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap " SES light fix" for the already tuned guy !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cheap " SES light fix" for the already tuned guy !!

I don't know if some of you guys are like me are or not ,but i hate to see a " SES" on my dash all lit-up like a christmas tree. my car is already tuned with HP Tuners and it's tuned perfect for my set-up. the only thing i get ( like most stalled A4's ) is the stuck soleniod code every once in awhile and every once in awhile the left bank 1 & bank 2 codes.

well i do have a predator for all my diagnostic needs , but there is a problem......it finally went blank on me after 7 yrs. I was going to send it in ,but i came across the actron scan tools at my local Pep-Boys.

I figure since my car is already tuned , all I really want is to be able to read the code and turn off my SES lights when i get them.

Well, I got an el'cheapo' Actorn CP9125 OBII for $52.00 and it does read and clear codes and turn off the SES lights. I may step up to the CP 9175 one day ,but for now .....i'm happy. Just thought I share this option with you guys .

Last edited by Mac 2002 SS; 07-06-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Those are nice to have but you should go back to Frost and have him turn those trans codes off. I'm sure he wouldn't charge much if any to do that.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Those are nice to have but you should go back to Frost and have him turn those trans codes off. I'm sure he wouldn't charge much if any to do that.
You know , I was thinking that ,but I kinda like the idea of that code coming on . I know it may sound crazy ,but it makes me aware that the solenoid is stuck and I need to address it before I race or even go up the street. once it's cleared ,it's good for a long while.

If I have the code turned off , the problem would still be there. So I think I'll live with it and like it .