Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a tune to start with

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for a tune to start with

i am thinking real hard about buying either efilive or hptuners, but i also need to get my car drivable asap, and i dont know how long it'll take for me to figure out the software, so i am wondering if there is anyone with a tune file that i can just load and drive it with and then tune as i go later on to optimize. i'm running an 03 lq4 6.0, with the harness and ecm from the truck, retaining DBW, delete vats, emissions, evap, an dputting a t56 behind it with cags deleted too. i may be missing something, but those deletes for sure. just need it to be driveable for now, and if theres one tune that i can get, that may decide what software i run at this point too. engine is mostly stock, just an ls6 intake and ls1 rails/injectors. i tried to look at the hptuners repository, but i have no user account, since i havent bought either software yet. anything you guys have would be very helpful, thanks, nick
Old 07-17-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well once you get your software and are ready to put a tune on your car, you'll be able to visit the tune repository and find you a base tune to use.

You can't put a tune on your car w/o a tuner software anyway, so you're going to have to buy one, and at that time you'll have access to the user loaded tunes.

Of if you have a friend with the software, he/she can let you look online for possible tunes.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

i understand that, but if theres a tune that'll work for me out of the box in one software, and not the other, thats part how i am going to pick which software.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by techrunner
i understand that, but if theres a tune that'll work for me out of the box in one software, and not the other, thats part how i am going to pick which software.
There are no tunes that come with the software. You need to download the OS from your PCM and modify it and reflash in in to your PCM.

I wouldn't download any of the tunes on those sites and run them. You should just use them for referance.

Personally I'd just send my PCM to somebody like Jessie at Wait4Me or one of the other mail order tuners on here and tell him the specs of your motor. It will cost you $75 plus $10 shipping, and it will e a good starting point, if you later decide to tweek the tune yourself.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Go for Efilive. you have a forum for it, it's esay get help and easy to use.