PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Question m6 to 4l60E

Old 07-24-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick Question m6 to 4l60E

I have recently begun my manual to auto swap. I have gotten to the point where I have all of the input connected to the PCM (shifter selector selector switch and shift lock out and what not)

Now I was going through the repository and I found a matching VCM OS ID to what i have but for an auto. Could I just copy that file into my manual file and slap it into my manual PCM and have it work with the proper wiring harness.

Last edited by tilly; 12-25-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay,

So I have been doing some research, reading and been asking a few people questions.

I have heard that if I just copied over all the automatic stuff into my manual tune that it should work. I have also heard that I should get my PCM flashed with my vin by a tech 2 (Last time I did this, the BCC # was corrupted or blank and I could not license the single vehicle and only the year and ended up wasting 120 dollars and I will not repeat that mistake again) and lastly I have heard if I found an automatic file with the same VCM OS ID I can have some one de-compile the binary and replace all the tranny tables to the automatic stuff in the tune i want to change and that this way I would not have to re-license my car.

http://people.eecs.ku.edu/~btilson/tunes/

I have 3 files there. I have a tune there where I determined that it is mostly a stock tune which has the same VCM OS ID but the BCC is not the same. I have another file which is the current file sitting on my PCM and the last file is modified version of the current tune on the PCM with the automatic stuff transferred over.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With HPtuners you can not do it. There are a lot of tables that can not be accessed. I tried copying all the differences and my trans still would not shift. Ended up getting it reflashed to auto by the GM Tech2 and then I could make necessary changes with HPtuners. I had previously licensed the pcm and had no problems. The other option is the segment swap but HPtuners techline said that wasn't the best way to go about it.

Search this Thread