Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some hp tuner help

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some hp tuner help

anyone in the richmond va area have hp tuners that i can get a log from?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzQuik
anyone in the richmond va area have hp tuners that i can get a log from?
Try posting in the eastern section, as well as the tuning section.

Lemme know when you find out something.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed I thought you had Ricky back at the shop and fixed all his issues ??? Ricky not bringing the car back or what ??
Old 07-25-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Rick go over your car with a fine toothed comb before you do anymore tuning. There has to be something off. Vacuum leak, who knows. I think I remember you said you put new plugs, wires, etc etc when you and your friends did the h/c install. Just go over it thorougly.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Rick go over your car with a fine toothed comb before you do anymore tuning. There has to be something off. Vacuum leak, who knows. I think I remember you said you put new plugs, wires, etc etc when you and your friends did the h/c install. Just go over it thorougly.

i did doug i cant find anything.the idle just stays up when putting it in neutral when it should go back down when cruzin down the road but goes down when i come to a stop so i am puzzled.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Banned

i did doug i cant find anything.the idle just stays up when putting it in neutral when it should go back down when cruzin down the road but goes down when i come to a stop so i am puzzled.
Are you saying when you throw it in neutral, going down the road, the idle stays up, but when you come to a stop it goes down? How bout if you lift off the throttle going down the road in gear? Does it idle down, or stay up?

It's an auto, and the idle tables are such that it probably will idle up when thrown in neutral going down the road. The P/N table is lower than the Gear table, plus you add in the throttle follower and cracker tables because you're going down the road.

I'm still waiting on hearing about checking for vacuum leaks. That and did you check the MAP sensor? Did you go back over the intake manifold bolts?
Old 07-25-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ed, why don't you just get Rick back in the shop and work something out ($$). Maybe one of the techs can trouble shoot and find out what is up. Then if its still not right, adjust the tune ?? Just making a suggestion. Hopefully everything works out in the end. We all know you can tune Ed, now lets see if you can go the extra mile and help Rick out.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Are you saying when you throw it in neutral, going down the road, the idle stays up, but when you come to a stop it goes down? How bout if you lift off the throttle going down the road in gear? Does it idle down, or stay up?

It's an auto, and the idle tables are such that it probably will idle up when thrown in neutral going down the road. The P/N table is lower than the Gear table, plus you add in the throttle follower and cracker tables because you're going down the road.

I'm still waiting on hearing about checking for vacuum leaks. That and did you check the MAP sensor? Did you go back over the intake manifold bolts?
no leaks checked everything map intake etc. i am saying if i am driving lets say 45mph i shift from the gear to neutral the idle stays up like its still in gear.if i lift off the throttle going down the road same thing the idle stays up, i have never had a car that when putting it in neutral going down the road the idle stays up including this car even with the mail order tune it would idle down.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Ed, why don't you just get Rick back in the shop and work something out ($$). Maybe one of the techs can trouble shoot and find out what is up. Then if its still not right, adjust the tune ?? Just making a suggestion. Hopefully everything works out in the end. We all know you can tune Ed, now lets see if you can go the extra mile and help Rick out.
I don't have a problem making it right. All he has to do is make the trip down.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well Rick there you go. No need wasting time hunting for answers here on tech, just drive the beast back to VA Speed and let Ed address the issues you are having. You should expect to pay the tech for his time spent diagnosing your issues. At least Ed posted up basically inviting you back to get this situation resolved. That was a real cool move on your part Ed. Says a lot about the man you are.

Well Rick, the ball is in your court, are you going to take advantage of Ed's offer to make it right? Or keep searching on tech?

I say get her up to VA Speed and let a tech go over your car, and afterwards let Ed go over everything. I am really hoping its something simple. Rick I know how you are feeling bro, you just spent a lot of money and all you want is your car to run right. Trust me if anyone has been there, I have.

Glad to see you boys come here and work it out. Speaks volumes about you Ed, and VA Speed. Can't wait to see the results and Ricks posts after everything is made right.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

I never want a customer to have to drive something that isn't right. If it's a tune issue, I'll take care of it. If something's wrong with the car, I'm sure we can fix it, doesn't mean that's free, but at least we'll know it's right.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good to hear. More props to VA Speed. Rick, you gotta go back. They are willing to help you out. Take advantage of it. I would..............
Old 07-25-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm starting to feel like Jimmy Carter over here. Embassador of goodwill. LOL
Old 07-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Banned

off the subject how much will a stall help me in the 1/8 mile
Old 07-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Banned

my current time is like a best of 1.97 60ft and 8.48
Old 07-25-2009, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

thanx but i think i am going to let the car sit in the yard til i can save enough money to take everything back off the car and maybe in the future do a FI which in the long run is cheaper to install and uninstall than all these parts. this whole experience has just left a sour taste in my mouth and alot of money out of pocket for the ride experience i have.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Banned

thanx but i think i am going to let the car sit in the yard til i can save enough money to take everything back off the car and maybe in the future do a FI which in the long run is cheaper to install and uninstall than all these parts. this whole experience has just left a sour taste in my mouth and alot of money out of pocket for the ride experience i have.
I'm sorry you feel that way. If you want to bring it down so I can take a look at the running problems, I'd be more than happy to. I can't magically make it have more power, but if it's running funky, I'm sure we can fix it.