PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When did you get started

Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When did you get started

I am interested in ECM tuning,eventhough I have limited knowledge of it right now.I am just curious when everyone started and the difficulty that was involved becoming proficient at it.I consider myself a good technician,but tuning is something I have never attempted to tackle.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am the same way as you. I have HPtuners Pro and a LM-1 wideband and have been playing around with it a little every day.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

if you are a technician, and have a good working knowlege of how the sensors and ecm work, the tuning will be alot easier. It can still be a handful, but imho the best money i have ever spent on my car.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with these guys. I just started tuning and would never pay anyone to tune my car again. I was in the same boat as you but im glad i took the plunge and started doing it myself. The more time you spend with the software the easier it gets. In the long run your going to be able to tune your car better than any pro tuner because you'll be able to get the little quirks straightened out that a tuner isnt going to have time to cover.

Search this Thread