Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Quick

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Quick

hears the deal i have a 98 ta and i am a tech for ford by the way and this is blowing my mind, i was driving home yesterday and was low on gas and knew i was and had to go pick up my freind and stoped at the machine shop and went inside and it was on a slope well cranked up did fine went to pull out and it was spitting and sputtering and bearly made it to a gas station, well i was thinking yeah ran almost out of gas right, well filled it up and then cranked and let it idle for a lil and then reved it it seemed fine pulled in gear and then went to pull off, bucking again, well gassed on it and cleared up, i was thinking still the rils were not full, well went to pick up freind and then took him home about 24 miles, ans then sat at his house shooting the **** for about 25 mins with the car running still fine, well this whole time its raining hard as hell, well jump in it and get about half way home going up a hill and here it goses bucking spitting , bearly made it home, can give a good bit of gas and sometimes will clear up well, drove it to work this morning did okay, went to lunch it was raining pulled out the dealership here she goes again, well hooked the scan tool up to it and was looking around and seen that i had no miss fire codes stored but did have miss fires when i was watching it, and guess what only on cly 2,4,6,8 on the 2nd bank now why is that, i also looked at o2s whats the range that the front o2s will run, i do have long tubes with rear sims, also i looked at the mv on the inj pw and they were at about 3.0 to 3.9 or so at idel well i seen when it started to act up at idel that the bank2 was dropped to 1.5 to 2.0 or along tha lines, thinking its the o2 messing with that bank i think, well swaped o2s alil while ago and cranked and it still was in open loop and started it and the mv inj pw where about the same, has anyone ran into this before and why just the bank 2 on 2,4,6,8 clyds, i have no clue. i have good fuel psi about 55 to 60 and it dont drop from lack of volume, so i dont know the deal was fine untill ran out of gas almost and before the hard rain. but i dont have a 1,3,5,7 miss at all no knock or anything.what would mess with just one bank like that and its im guesing lean on that bank? cause pulled plug on #2 real quick and it looked brand new although has been in there about 6000 miles, and its a cold plug, any help will be greatly cared for, also if anyone likes to my name is keith and you can get me at 423 304 0816 thanks let me know, also its due to an oil change yeah i wish that was it lol thanks
Old 11-19-2003, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

dont tell me the ls1 guerues cant help me or fix my issuses
Old 11-19-2003, 11:13 PM
wrencher

You checked the fuel pressure & volume, did you do so while problem was current?
Delco pumps are unforgiving when run dry.
If not along those lines, the thing that I would look into is you say it is decreasing P/W?
What is the MAF doing when this occurs?
Old 11-19-2003, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98tata
dont tell me the ls1 guerues cant help me or fix my issuses
I tried to send you a personal message but you have that feature turend off. Is your fuel return valve functioning correctly. Mine took a crapper and had hard time starting and it iddled like a turd when you did get it started. Aint no Guru but it's something you can check into.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

definately recheck your fuel pressure. so what were your O2 readings at the time this happened? did bank 2 go rich or lean? (high or low mv) are you loosing spark? loose ground?