Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor plug to o2 simulater plug

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor plug to o2 simulater plug

Just got some used o2 sims and wanna know if anybody knows if I can splice the plug from my gm o2 sensor part #12581966 to the sims by wire color because the plugs are different ? GM has white, blue, and 2 black, sims have blue, purple, red, and black? This is for a 07 LS2 with a 5 speed and long tube headers, and a Speartech computer n wiring harness.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the PCM is setup for the swap then you shouldn't need them. The sims are very failure-prone units as well.

I'm sorry that I don't have the wiring answer, just wanted to comment...
Old 08-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Well if thats the case I don't want to use them I would rather have the o2 sensors tuned out if possible, I see on your post you do that is it possible with a Speartech computer?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure it is.

Talk to Speartech though, I would imagine they should have already programmed those out if you got the PCM from them.

I have a bench harness for that PCM though, if you run into any troubles I can certainly get you setup. Just shoot me a PM if you need anything done with it.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Teching In

I talked to Speartech several months ago and they told me they thought they could if I mailed it to them. I talked to John Spear the first time I called them asking for some clarifacation about wire color and he was very knowledgable. Second time I called and asked about the o2 problem I got somebody else that didn't seem to know but I took thier word for it. The code's I get are P2135 and P2138 the first code o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1) and the second code is o2 sensor circuit high volts (bank 1 sensor 2) I don't understand because the wiring harness isn't set up for a second sensor? I even took out the o2 sensors and cut off the outer shell and had some success for a short amout of time but then those codes came back and I installed new sensors. I gotta do something though I feel it is dangerous to drive since it is drive by wire, I will visit your website and see your number. Thanks for your help