Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been gone for awhile....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Been gone for awhile....

Well work has been relentless. I wanted to let you guys know how my project turned out for now... And to let you guys know that I have alot more time to watch this forum and answer some questions.

The Combination so far:

414 Iron Block (4.060 X 4)
Diamond Custom Pistons (11.7:1 CR)
Lentz (Carrilo) Rods 6.125"
Lunati Crank
Thunder 248/248 Solid roller
ARE stage 3 heads (used to be Beast's)
Holley Intake port matched /ported

TH400 (no brake)
JW 2500 stall Converter

Moser 12 bolt w/3.73's

Well, After an early problem with the block, I got it all back together to make the LAST race day in my area. Overall I am pretty damn happy with how its running. Afterall I am still trying to figure out where the best shift points are and how to launch the car.

I made 3 passes, the best one:

1.59 60'
11.034 sec @ 124.75 mph

To say the least it definatly has a high 10 second pass in it! The converter is way too tight for optimal drag racing, but it is a trade off for some street manners. I think I should send it to JW to get it restalled to 3200-3500. Also I am still in the process of getting the tuning dialed in (I was only running 22 degrees of timing due to pump gas).

So thats what I have been upto...

Ryan K.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a nice set up Ryan. Welcome back to the land of internet junkies!! Now you can begin wasting valuable time in front of a monitor again. LOL!!

I just got my 99 back together after being down for about 6 months. I'm putting a WBO2 in it so I need to get back in here more and brush up on tuning issues.