PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning and reprogramming without a dyno possible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning and reprogramming without a dyno possible?

Hi!

Going to install a LS1 in a 2nd gen Firebird and I'm thinking to add headers and a cam kit to the engine before install.

My question is can a tuner reprogram the PCM and tune it by just knowing the mods? I know the best would be to have it on a dyno but in Sweden I doubt there are any good tuners that know the LS1 engine so it looks like I have to send it to the US for a reprogramming and a tune.

Reprogramming is necessary because of the transplant. will not need a LOT of sensor so they need to be removed.

Any help appreciated
Old 08-09-2009, 05:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hit up Frost on here mate.. He'll sort you out.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by macca_779
Hit up Frost on here mate.. He'll sort you out.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another option would be for you to buy software (like HPTuners or EFILive) and then learn to tune it...there are LOTS of smart people on this forum as well as the respective forum's for those programs, and you'll be surprised how much you can learn and how good a job you can do even if you haven't done it before as long as you're willing to research it and make an effort to get it right.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
Another option would be for you to buy software (like HPTuners or EFILive) and then learn to tune it...there are LOTS of smart people on this forum as well as the respective forum's for those programs, and you'll be surprised how much you can learn and how good a job you can do even if you haven't done it before as long as you're willing to research it and make an effort to get it right.
Hi!

Yea thought about that but since I most likely will not alter the PCM when it's finished I'd be having a piece of software laying around worth a lot of $$$ and sadly don't know many people that own any LS1 powered cars so any new found knowledge won't come to use helping them out...

Then again I built a megasquirt from scratch and did my own tune on an old Pontiac 389.... So it could be fun.... just wish I had more time......