Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No spark on a new standalone install

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark on a new standalone install

Hello, this may look familiar to some of you since I have been looking for help on ls1.com as well.

I am wrapping up a new standalone LS1 install in an off road race truck. The block and PCM is based on a 1999 camaro. The PCM has been flashed with a basic 99 camaro setup, with the VATS stuff removed. Since this is a new build, and I can get the dang thing to run, a crank re-learn has not been done yet.

I have tried:
  • New and extra ground wires to the block, coil packs and PCM and grounds test as good
  • Replaced the crank sensor and inspected reloctor ring (2 plate old style)
  • Test for power to coils packs at "key on" is good
  • Tried swapping in a spare PCM, still no spark
  • Tested for square wave signal from the crank sensor at the PCM (voltage fluctuated between 1v and 5V during cranking, so I think that is good.
I also tried to test for dwill or signal voltage at the coil on the leg next to the hot leg. No signal at the coil, nor at the PCM pin-out. I'm out of ideas to chase this down and could use some help!

Thanks
Michael Strasia
Old 08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me how to test for the fire signal to the coils? Im not at all sure Im testing for the right thing since there seems to be conflicting information on the web about what that trigger signal would look like. Thanks
ms

Quick Reply: No spark on a new standalone install