PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I turn off the throttle follower in an LT1 PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Can I turn off the throttle follower in an LT1 PCM?

That is what I was told it was called, when I come to a stop it takes the PCM a little while to drop the RPM to where it is supposed to idle. I don't like that "feature, I want it to go to idle as soon as i take my foot off the gas.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by samckitt
That is what I was told it was called, when I come to a stop it takes the PCM a little while to drop the RPM to where it is supposed to idle. I don't like that "feature, I want it to go to idle as soon as i take my foot off the gas.
You can tune it, or turn it off. But, there may be other things in play. You could have the blade too far open. Depends on what the IAC counts are when it comes back to idle.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by samckitt
There are two delays between idle decay steps, and a throttle follower vs MPH table you can scale down. Very simple.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
There are two delays between idle decay steps, and a throttle follower vs MPH table you can scale down. Very simple.
All that makes sence, but as far as actually doing it is Greek to me. I don't care if it idles high while I am moving (over 10mph or so), but crawling through town (cruise ins & such) I want it to drop immediately if I let off.

I have a cable, what software do I need to turn it off with? Or someone easily do it with tools you have?