Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

predator problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator problem

I just recieved new predator in mail and had problem already. Under the installing a tune into vehicle category after you select auto transmission it says vehicle data back up saving data xx% complete. It says this step may take several minutes. How long should it actually take? My ran up to 9% perfect, gauges fluctuated like it said it will and lights flashed but then it stuck at 9%. It stayed there for twenty minutes until my battery started getting low so I unplugged it. Did I do something wrong or is predator bad? I had parking brake set, radio off, and ignition to on position(car not started).
Old 11-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

anyone??????????????
Old 11-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

all these experts on everyone saying get the predator, it is so great but then now everyone acts like they have never used it before and ignores my question. someone please help out, I thought that is what this forum is partly for.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sfwalters
all these experts on everyone saying get the predator, it is so great but then now everyone acts like they have never used it before and ignores my question. someone please help out, I thought that is what this forum is partly for.

try loading it again. I accidentally stopped my download once. Gauges didn't work but the car ran. I then waited couple of minutes, unhooked battery, waited couple minutes, rehooked battery and reloaded with no problem.

Make sure the connector is seated all the way and nothing is pulling at the cable.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Didn't have a lick of trouble w/ mine. I have reloaded twice and will be getting a custom tune by email this week!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:16 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sfwalters, you've got mail.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Restricted User

I havent had those problems with mine. I get a timeout error every now and then, simple turn off and on ignition works there though. If everything works then you didnt do any damage, normally reading it wont damage, but loading new tunes can if d/c before complete. FWIW, I have swapped programs about 20plus times no errors like that.

Charlie.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have never had any issues either. I would make sure that your battery is charged up good. I do know they are very voltage critical when Flashing. Make sure that you do not open any doors or flip any switches that would cause some type of bus activity while the Predator is communicating.