Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 random cly mis-fire

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 random cly mis-fire

Just rebuilt my bottom end and bought MTI head and cam. Had the random miss fire before the rebuild. Reason for the rebuild was had broke ring lands in NO.7 clyinder. Now since the rebuild still get the random mis-fire. Could this be caused by the cam and heads with no tune? Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 11-29-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

I have the GM Hotcam and got that same code all the time. I had it edited out when I got the tune done.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's the H/C and no tune.I would also have it checked out for A/F.There is a slight chance of gas washing a motor with a H/C and no tuning.Would hate to see you eat another short block.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Restricted User

Is it actually misfiring, or is the PCM just incorrectly detecting misfire due to crank position sensor being disturbed during the rebuild?
Maybe all you need is a crank position sensor relearn.
More info here:
http://www.seattleautomotive.com/ckpdoc.htm
Old 11-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by landlord
Just rebuilt my bottom end and bought MTI head and cam. Had the random miss fire before the rebuild. Reason for the rebuild was had broke ring lands in NO.7 clyinder. Now since the rebuild still get the random mis-fire. Could this be caused by the cam and heads with no tune? Any help would be great. Thanks

i did h/c on my friends 99 ss and it would set the code if it would idle for a 5 minutes or longer, the missfire counter is works off of the crank sensor and crank velocity and when you put a cam in it gives the crank velocity and the pcm thinks the engine is miss firing when it is really not. get pcm programmed and it will take car of the problem