PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro SD tuning w/ load bearing dyno in/near Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Pro SD tuning w/ load bearing dyno in/near Florida?

I'm looking for a list of shops that have a great reputation for speed density tuning on a good load bearing dyno. I have HPT and things are pretty close, but I need them to get it optimal, especially the WOT. I'm just tired of te runaround at HPTuners.com. Whomever it is, they need to use HPT so I have access to all of the same tables. No locked tunes... I don't care what their reason.

I checked with Jeremy Formato, and I inferred he doesn't like using a load bearing dyno, preferring the street. Safety aside, I don't see how you can map the entire VE table on the street.

Next Level Motorsports has a load bearing dyno but the owner doesn't want to tune a MAFless system. How much of that is not knowing how to do it is unknown.

Mike Norris doesn't have a load bearing dyno and doesn't seem that familiar with SD tuning.

EFI Alchemy made it sound like they would prefer I switch to a later PCM to make the tuning simpler, which is a PITA and double the cost of the tune.

Suggestions?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeremy F tuned my car on the street...but not SD, I'd have no problem with him tuning my car SD on the street, and then WOT on the dyno....hes one of the best.

Chad