PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have the dyno sheets for the various programmers out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anybody have the dyno sheets for the various programmers out there?

I already have the Hypertech Power Programmer 3 Dyno sheet sitting right in front of me, and I am not really impressed. The peak torque increase number is 38 ft. lbs. but it comes in at 1500 RPM. It falls to 14 ft. lbs. at 2000 RPM, and decreases until you hit 4 grand at which point it goes up to 22 ft. lbs. I don't justify spending $300+ on something that will not make a decent difference in the powerband of a street driven engine. I mean, I'm not dumb, I know that horsepower is a figure derived from torque, and that HP and TQ are always equal at 5252 RPM due to the matematical formula. And I am not one of those people who are hell bent on having the most horsepower because making torque is where it's at. You do better, in my opinion, to build a motor for high total torque with the flattest curve possible, and then watch the horsepower roll in rather than build a motor that has no ***** below anything under 5500 RPM. But 38 ft. lbs. at 1500 RPM, that's just off of idle, and below the stall speed of most factory torque converters. Won't the converter 'flash' past that point in the RPM range rendering that TQ figure useless? I have heard some good things about the diablo motorsports(??) predator. Does anyone know what type of power increases you get from that programmer? Are there any other programmers out there that I don't know about? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Paul Moore