Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with TCC apply and release

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with TCC apply and release

I finally had a 3600 Vigilante stall (and cooler) installed yesterday and am obviously still working out all the kinks with the tune (working out is actually an overstatement....). The car is a 2000 TA with LS6 intake, headers, stock trans and have HP Tuners to tune. It had been tuned before the stall and all was good then. Driving back from the shop was a bear as it was contantly locking and unlocking on the highway. A quick search of the HPTuners site revealed changing the TCC duty cycle min/max to 99 and 100 respectively and that fixed the issue. Now I just need to get it more driveable around town. From a stop it shifts into 2nd around 12mph, but it is so soft I can hardly feel it and then continues to climb until about 3000rpm before it goes to 3rd and eventually the TCC locks up and all feels normal. I'm assuming I need to alter pressures, upshift mph, and TCC apply/release, but I need some general guidelines. I have an Excel sheet from here that someone had posted for determining shift mph, but I'm not sure how that helps me. As far as the pressures go, can someone give me a min and max so I have a range to play around in? Unfortunately, I'm at work right now and my tune file is on my home computer so I will upload it once I get out of here. Thanks in advance.

I should add too that I tried to set up the PIDs so that I can monitor output shaft rpm and TCC slip, but I can't get either to work. Does anyone have a config file with these already setup?

Last edited by MysticTealTA; 09-21-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5876

I realize it's EFI Live...but, it should be pretty helpful. The spreadsheet in the sticky has some numbers that I tried in my friend's stalled 4.10 setup IIRC.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 09-23-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help with TCC apply and release