PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Max NA timing and nitrous retard on SAME tune??

Old 09-23-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Max NA timing and nitrous retard on SAME tune??

Alright... Wel Im spraying a 100 dry shot using the HSW Interface and MicroEdge. Im about to install a TSP 233/239 cam and PRC stage 2.5 5.3 heads, along with a Walbro 255 and 48#ers. This is what I want to do:

As you probably know, the HSW Interface pulls timing by changing the IAT sensor readings. Stock I believe the most you can pull is 3* due to the fact that the IAT tables will only pull up to 3. I want to be able to run agressive timing, which of course would be advanced from stock, and still be able to pull enough to spray a 150 shot, that way I can run max timing NA and still pull enough for the nitrous ONLY when actiated. ALL by utilizing the Interface through the IAT tables.

For example:

If I advance the timing 4* for NA but need to pull 4.5* for the 150 shot, that would be a total of 8.5* pulled. Can you adjust the tables for the IAT retard to accomplish this?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98camaro28
Alright... Wel Im spraying a 100 dry shot using the HSW Interface and MicroEdge. Im about to install a TSP 233/239 cam and PRC stage 2.5 5.3 heads, along with a Walbro 255 and 48#ers. This is what I want to do:

As you probably know, the HSW Interface pulls timing by changing the IAT sensor readings. Stock I believe the most you can pull is 3* due to the fact that the IAT tables will only pull up to 3. I want to be able to run agressive timing, which of course would be advanced from stock, and still be able to pull enough to spray a 150 shot, that way I can run max timing NA and still pull enough for the nitrous ONLY when actiated. ALL by utilizing the Interface through the IAT tables.

For example:

If I advance the timing 4* for NA but need to pull 4.5* for the 150 shot, that would be a total of 8.5* pulled. Can you adjust the tables for the IAT retard to accomplish this?
There's a table in the program that will allow as much timing to be pulled vs IAT as you want, you just have to set it up that way. Cams of that size usually like 29*-31* degrees of timing depending on what gas is available and where you live. I was running 31* on my car from the dyno tuning, but after a 1000miles, I pulled the plugs to see what they looked like, and decided to run 29* on the street. This resulted in only a 5rwhp loss. You can probably run 29* and pull 3* from that and be "safe" for a 100hp shot as long as your fueling is ok. I'd run 28* just to be a little safer if you're only able to pull 3* out. But if your able to change you're timing, you should be able to change how much timing is getting pulled.

Personally I like running the Lingenfelter LC2 to retard the timing. . .
Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can do that if you want but if the car likes running with 28* timing you don't need to pull it back to factory then back another 3*. I would say pull the 3*-4* from the 28*.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Max NA timing and nitrous retard on SAME tune??