Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My KR and octane table problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My KR and octane table problems

EVEN by forcing it. I copied the high octane table to the low. This worked for my SS and ls1 edit.
Right now I just want to see if the car will ever run inthe high ocane table period.

Once out of every 20 WOTs runs it will stay in the high octane table. Ok now the history on the car. I purchased it used and it came with a hyperpac tuner. I removed that tune and moved it back to stock tuning then started with HP tuners. I attaced a few logs and my tunes. I am almost ready to believe that the stock tune was not really the stock tune. The car runs great no knock sounds or any sounds it sounds healthy.

Mods: Ported TB, TB bypass, LT headers, !CATS, !EGR, Electric Cutout, 3" ORY, CAI, SLP LID.

Im using 93octane fuel only.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
FLO.hpl (458.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: hpl
hi.hpl (583.1 KB, 74 views)
File Type: hpt
read high.hpt (455.7 KB, 441 views)
File Type: hpt
shookzstock.hpt (455.7 KB, 91 views)
Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have come to just think that what I have saved as my stock tune is not the stock tune. Is there a way to make the car relearn or is there a way to use HPT to use some generic stock file. The KR is coming from somewhere and even with the low octane table mirrored to the high octane table it still runs low timing tells me that that high octane table is NOT the high octane table.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anyone have a stock file for a 2001 Camaro/TA? I need the stock timing tables. My current tables are WRONG.

If anyone has a stock HPT file I can start from there.

Thanks,
Old 10-07-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

If I were at my laptop I would give you one, but you can get a stock tune from the repository. I always like to download 2 stock ones and compare them to make sure that they are the same and indeed stock.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default repository

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
If I were at my laptop I would give you one, but you can get a stock tune from the repository. I always like to download 2 stock ones and compare them to make sure that they are the same and indeed stock.
Cool where is the repository?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow the stock tables do look like they have a lot of timing. Do you have the MBT spark table?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ssdungeon
Cool where is the repository?
At HPTuners.com. You have to log in and then you'll see the tab towards the top.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you to all!!!!

I have finally figured out how to tweak the timing tables. I now have a very strong car its amazing how much better it feels than it was feeling. Now it does NOT fall on its face after 90mph...it now feels lighter as it really gets it after around 87mph. I wentfrom 17-21 degrees timing to 27-30 degrees timing and im telling you its feels like a 70hp increase. I dont know how much HP I gained but im absolutely positive it is a lot quicker.

So thanks to all that PMed me and put up with my 1005 questions. Hopefully Ill be able to chime in and help someone else.