Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

large injector tuning - E40

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default large injector tuning - E40

I'm using EFILIVE, I have a set of 95lb injectors with a driver box.
Table B4001 only scales to 63.4922. I have my calculated flow rates from a spreadsheet I found on EFIlive's forum. I can't go as high as I need to on B4001. I've also read that changing the multiplier in B1213 and B1214 will not allow you to trick the computer into running them properly. Should I just max out the B4001 table and continue leaning it out elsewhere in the tune, or is there something you guys are doing to run the larger injectors?
Car is a 2006 GTO- E40 PCM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the % difference of max value and your needed value... for argument's sake that's 63/95 which yields roughly 0.66... multiply your VE AND (if used) MAF as well as any other related fueling tables by this same 0.66 to get things on the same scale as your injectors.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Teching In

got it running, scaling everything up, that worked nicely!
Now I have a hell of a surge, any ideas on that? I've played with the minimum idle airflow tables, but no luck yet, I've tried them from one extreme to the other. this E40 is turning out to be a headache. I was only procharged on a stock long block before, the driving part of the tuning I got, but this idle stuff is kicking my butt with this new setup!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mrialsm4
got it running, scaling everything up, that worked nicely!
Now I have a hell of a surge, any ideas on that? I've played with the minimum idle airflow tables, but no luck yet, I've tried them from one extreme to the other. this E40 is turning out to be a headache. I was only procharged on a stock long block before, the driving part of the tuning I got, but this idle stuff is kicking my butt with this new setup!
Careful with the scaling. It may put you in a different part of the ignition timing maps as well.

Example:

Typical WOT N/A car that sees .80 grams/cyl of calculated airmass using the right numbers in MAF/VE

vs

WOT N/A car sees the same airflow...but only calculates .53 grams/cyl of airmass because MAF/VE were scaled by 66%.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
Careful with the scaling. It may put you in a different part of the ignition timing maps as well.

Example:

Typical WOT N/A car that sees .80 grams/cyl of calculated airmass using the right numbers in MAF/VE

vs

WOT N/A car sees the same airflow...but only calculates .53 grams/cyl of airmass because MAF/VE were scaled by 66%.
This is definitely true! Dynamic cyl air will be whatever % lower is applied against the previous tables.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Have you addressed the short pulse adder?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Teching In

I've started over, I have had fits with this over the past few days. I have a hell of an issue with the idle and off idle response. I have logged, tuned, logged and tuned. I did eliminate the timing aspect of it. I locked my timing at 15, 20 and 25 degrees and still the hunting is there. I tried my minimum airflow at different values as well and the hunting decreases but it's definitely still there. I can't tune B0200 at this point because no matter what my A/F and my timing are, it hunts severely below 2500rpm. My cam is a 114lsa, 230ish, and .581"/.588", I'm running a ported fast 92, a set of trickflow 225's and 1 7/8" headers. Oh, and an F1A.
It's really frustrating!
I am catching hell with this idle and idle transition tuning. Please someone take a look at what I started with as far as my idle settings and injector settings and point me in the right direction!!!!
Here is the tune I started with when I first cranked it up. as all of the changes I've made haven't hepled, I rescaled the injectors and used a modifier to correct the flowrates. I tried this tune and I still have the hunting and off idle surging.
Attached Thumbnails large injector tuning - E40-injectors.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: tun
95lb injector gto_2006_SD.tun (921.1 KB, 159 views)
Old 10-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Teching In

I didn't fool with the short pulse adder. How should I be modifying them?

Quick Reply: large injector tuning - E40