Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having issues with a Holley 50# injecter in a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Having issues with a Holley 50# injecter in a turbo

when i use the scaling most use/recommend (comes out to 201%) AFR is around 20:1 at idle or more, and cruise only sees max 15:1.

WOT is around 11:1

SHould i ignore the normal injector flowrates and change them till LTrims arre slight negative, or am i using the wrong numbers (from 7.2-7.9 or thereabouts)

Shoudl I stick with the given injecotr flow and tweak it slightly to richen it up and some more via MAF to do it the rest of the way?

ANyone runnign these injectors or another 50#
Old 12-14-2003, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

No one is running 50# injectors?
Old 12-14-2003, 12:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Actually I didnt account for the postive man. pressure so with that in the injector scaling the 50 would act like a 44 (minus 6 lbs of boost) so it would probably have been lean at WOT too

The Driv LTrim is -5% about, and the drivers side is +25%. Seems to me somethign is way wrong. The drivers side started throwing a heater perf. code.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using 50lb MSD injectors. Which are basically Delphi injectors, The holleys probably are too. I haven't scaled my tables. My ifr is in the 4's. If you are in the 7's then you should be very lean at idle and probably really rich at wot. you need to adjust your ifr to get your ltft's at 0 or a little negative.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like your drivers side 02 in gone too.Try to tune your L-terms to negative first.Fuel pressure changes will make a big difference.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the 50 lb msd and my injector flow rate tables are set at ~ 6.33 (not on my computer so can't remember exactly). You also need to change the injector offset table because the 50 lb injectors are considerably slower opening that stock. At 13 volts the injectors take almost 1 ms to open. Once you do that everything will work better. If you leave the injector offset stock you will have to set the injector constants in the ~4.25 range (otherwise you will be extremely lean), WOT is going to be all screwed up also. I have posted tables for injector offset a long time ago, but can do it again. My setup is the Incon kit with walbro 255 lph intank pump and the Incon supplied aeromotive regulator (Which is still working actually increases with boost).

The injector flow rate will have to be tweaked slightly based on the fuel system (lines,etc), pump, and especially the fuel pressure regulator. With the stock regulator I could never get rid of a lean condition at idle, even by cranking the injector flow rate number extremely low. At WOT I had to put a huge number in the PE tables to keep from going lean. With the small aeromotive I can get a lean or rich condition depending on how I tweak the numbers. Also at least for me the 50 lb injectors do not scale well with increased fuel pressure. Another words I crank the pressure up a pound or two but I don't get a pound or two more flow. This is probably more a function of the cheap aeromotive regulator than the injectors.

Gary
Old 12-15-2003, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey Gary, could you post up all the injector offsets and flow rate tables you use?
Old 12-15-2003, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I attached a text file with the injector offsets. I will have to send the injector flow rate tables later since I am at work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Injector-offset-msd-50lb.txt (3.5 KB, 179 views)