Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing a code

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Throwing a code

I didnt see a spot for electrical problems, and this looked like the closest to it. Long story short, I replaced the high pressure power steering line last week. Went to start the car and it wouldnt crank. I noticed the coolant temp sensor on the head behind the power steering reservior was broken. Replaced it the next day and the car ran like ****. The rpms and temp guage would be all over the place, up and down. I did the idle relearn trick and it was fine. Except the temp guage wouldnt work. So I thought maybe the sensor was fualty and replaced it with a new one. That didnt fix it. So today I checked all the fuses and cleaned some grounds and the guage IS now working. But the SES light is on for temp coolant sensor. The light came on yesterday. I am going to GM tomorrow to get a new pig tail for the sensor. If that doesnt fix it, what in the world should I look at next?? I have to take the car to FL this week to get a tag (I just bought the car 3 weeks age). I'm at a loss with this.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Can you view any data? Is coolant temp working?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Launching!

I dont have any scanner or the alike to find out data. I guess its working bc the guage is working.