Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixing my wiring harness...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing my wiring harness...

I have just removed all my wiring harness, and I'm working on it so it would become a good bases when I try to check for codes and all that!

Cause I got alot of codes, and I was worried that it would be from my wiring harness, so I removed it out and I'm working on removing all unnecessary things and at the same time solder everything that was cut before, when the engine was in the accident from the donor car.

I have a couple of questions:

1- How do I repin wires into my last connecter (the one that goes into ECU)
2- How do I remove the Automatic plug? cause I installed a Th400 Full Manual and don't need extra wiring!
3- On my MAF sensor its reading low frequency and when I look at the live feedback of it, it gets stuck on 2.36 and never moves up or down no mattar how much I revv, (I have soldered the wire in 2 places cause it was torn (the yellow wire that sends the signal to ECU)) could that be the reason or could the reason be a messed up MAF?!
4- Can I repin the connector of the MAF sensor? or should I buy a new one? I don't want to be adding more soldered locations I think its messing stuff up!
5- Last is the 02 sensors, why do I have 3? I though we had four in our car 2 02 sensors and 2 02 simulators am I right? so why does my harness have 3? is it ripped off? and how do I differentiate the plugs of the 02 simulators from the 02 sensor?

Thanks

Last edited by wajouba; 11-23-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read here recently of someone extending their MAF wires with no problem. In reading a lot about harnesses here and on a couple of forums most of your questions are answered here somewhere. Sorry I can't be more help but a bump for ypu anyway?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

To get wires into the PCM, you will need to remove the retainer (blue or red) and then lift the white fingers on the connector while pulling on the wire, the wire and terminal will slide out the rear of the connector.

Regarding the automatic plug, do you mean remove all the wiring? You will need to trace the wires. most of the them go to the PCM while one is for power and one is for ground (dont have a schematic right now but can check).

Regarding MAF, not sure why you have that reading, check continuity on the wires from teh MAF to the PCM. You can extend the MAF as Alien said above. Either buy new terminals, replace the connector and terminals or just cut the harness and extend it. The actual MAF itself cannot be repinned.

Regarding the O2s. Yes you should have 4. Two primary and two secondary which are after catalytic converters. If you are only using the front ones, you will probably have to do a continuity check at the PCM to see which one is which (they kept wire colors the same on most of them). if the wire colors are different between connectors let me know the year/make of the harness and I can check a schematic. Hope this helps.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

yes... they all have the same colors, which mean I don't know which is which, and I need to figure out where I should hook the last 02 cause im sure I dont have it the whole wiring harness is infront of me... u will be of amazing help if u send me schematics... thanks again bro.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:42 AM
TECH Regular

ok the Donor Car is a 98 camaro...

Ok so I have 2 02 sensor pigtails comming out from the same place where the Automatic Plug is, and 1 furthur back (closer to PCM connecters)

so which one is the real 02 sensor that I need to make my car move correctly? and which one is the one that only checks for the Cats functionality?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wajouba
yes... they all have the same colors, which mean I don't know which is which, and I need to figure out where I should hook the last 02 cause im sure I dont have it the whole wiring harness is infront of me... u will be of amazing help if u send me schematics... thanks again bro.
All of the PCM pinouts for every year are already posted in the conversion section stickies and faq: https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...swap-faqs.html
Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

guys do I need the F-BODY connecters when I reinstall my harness?

I mean I reached to a point where I can't see that they are effecting anything but AC, which I don't use, what else do I need from them?

(cause I took them all off :S, I hope I didn't screw it up)
Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Which F-BODY connectors?

www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

Old 12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

C100 C101 C105 etc
Old 12-02-2009, 09:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Those connectors have the wires that go inside the car for gages, etc. You dont need them, if you dont want to hook up the gages. Or if you did you can just splice the wires in and forgoe the connectors.

www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

Quick Reply: Fixing my wiring harness...