PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loss of power,dyno show's lot of timing being pulled from topend????

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default loss of power,dyno show's lot of timing being pulled from topend????

car is a 01 ta,402ci tuned ls1 edit. What could cause my computer to pull 12-15deg of timing on the topend. The car runs great ti'll about 4,000rpm's then it falls on its *** and power is gone. found the timing being pulled after we hooked it up to the dyno and computer. WHERE SHOULD I LOOK???? Thanks Mike c.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

it would seem like if you were hooked up logging, you would see where it went...

Perhaps if you were only looking at total timing (which is pretty useless without the rest of the usual suspects) then it could appear low. What is low though? You have no details posted at all on the setup or the numbers.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be anything.I've had a few cars that would get drivetrain noise and pull timing hard.In that case I would disable the knock sensors and go over the tune BUT I would not suggest that unless the tuner has a good handle on the tune.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Here is all I know. I have no knock sensors and the car just one day seemed to loose power on the big end. so,I took the car to the shop who built the motor and tuned it. So far all they seem to think is bad gas. But they told me the car is pulling a lot of timing on the topend where I lost all my power. So far,this is all I have,maybe bad gas. I'm looking for all that may cause this.