Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT Tuners...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCT Tuners...

So I see that SCT Tuners are available for GM vehicles now. I think its a good thing because now you can have up to 3 custom tunes for your car at the touch of a button. Also this means for us nitrous guys we dont have to travel across the city to get tuned/detuned for nitrous. Pros and Cons?!?
Old 11-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with the OmniTuner DUAL-FLASH from Moates, it holds 2 bin on seperate flashchips within your pcm, a simple shut off your vehicle, wait 20 seconds, flip a switch and start it up with a new OS. Don't even had to wait for your handheld to download a new tune.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by poconojoe
I'd go with the OmniTuner DUAL-FLASH from Moates, it holds 2 bin on seperate flashchips within your pcm, a simple shut off your vehicle, wait 20 seconds, flip a switch and start it up with a new OS. Don't even had to wait for your handheld to download a new tune.

this
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...s-one-pcm.html
Old 11-26-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

An EFI LIVE OS5 tune with n20 live switching would be another alternative. No waiting either as you just pair the spary with the PCM n20 enable line making the transition automatic.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Sounds interesting. Might look into that for sure. All I will need is a motor tune and nitrous tune. Now the only problem I have is if I add more performance parts would I have to send it back in and get it reflashed?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by posz28
Sounds interesting. Might look into that for sure. All I will need is a motor tune and nitrous tune. Now the only problem I have is if I add more performance parts would I have to send it back in and get it reflashed?
Ofcourse you would. That applied regardless of the software you use. But soon enough EFI LIVE will release the Autocal device. Its a flash tuner that allows your tuner to email you tunes and you can email back logs. Should be good when it comes out hopefully within the next 6 months. Wont be limited to 3 tunes either..
Old 11-29-2009, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

cool deal...very interested in this...do you have any brochures and info on cars that have this tune?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by macca_779
Ofcourse you would. That applied regardless of the software you use. But soon enough EFI LIVE will release the Autocal device. Its a flash tuner that allows your tuner to email you tunes and you can email back logs. Should be good when it comes out hopefully within the next 6 months. Wont be limited to 3 tunes either..
Sort of like what TunerCat has offered to their tuners for years

OBDII Dealer Kit

The OBDII Dealer Kit includes the OBDII Interface and cables needed to connect a PC to the vehicle, a special dealer version of the WinFlash OBDII program on CD and a User's Guide. The kit was developed for professional tuners to allow their customers to read and program their vehicles so you can e-mail calibration files to your customers rather than shipping PCMs back and forth for reprogramming.

The dealer version of the WinFlash OBDII program is a fully functional version that can read and program and all the vehicles currently supported by the OBDII Tuner program. The dealer version of the program differs in that it does not allow the vehicle's VIN to be changed and when programming a PCM the VIN in the calibration file must match the VIN currently stored in the PCM that's being programmed. This prevents the customer from using the calibration on a vehicle other than the intended one.

If requested, the dealer version of the program can be set to only accept encrypted calibration files that you encrypt with a unique encryption key so your calibration files can not be used with the standard versions of the OBDII Tuner or WinFlash OBDII programs.

The dealer version of the WinFlash program, documentation and labeling can be customized with your companies name and logo. There is a one-time charge brand labeling.

We will also drop ship the dealer kit directly to your customer via USPS priority mail for no additional charge if you prefer.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

cool deal...i will have to look into that

Quick Reply: SCT Tuners...