Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switch from Auto to T56..ECM Problem of course

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switch from Auto to T56..ECM Problem of course

Ok so I have a 2000 Camaro SS that I just bought. Well the tranny used to be an auto and now is a T56 so of course here are a few codes. I wanted to know if I have to go to the dealer and have them flash the ECM and redownload a Manuel's programming or is there another way to do this? Any sponsar's on here that have a suggestion?
Also I have the typical rear O2's problem(no activity)and a TPS. I am going to get new O2's(Denso or Bosch we'll see)but the TPS shows low input. The car has a Fast 92mm and matching TB with Long tubes and thats it. The idle at a stop after being warm is only at 500rpm, not nearly high enough. Any solutions fellas?
Old 11-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

fix your tps issue and dont worry about your rear o2s they monitor the cats so just go get a tune, that will fix your idle/trans/rear o2s , since the tuner will just get rid of the rear o2s from the pcm alltogether
Old 11-28-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Just get a tune for an M6 and you'll be fine. The stock A4 idle is 550rpm warm. where as the M6s are 800rpm.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Ok thanks guys. I was hearing from locals that I had to go get a flash and download before I could go for a tune. So thats good news because there are a ton of transmission codes.
I threw on a the TPS from my T/A and still no activity so I gotta figure that out too.