PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carputing's (LS1Edit) phone number?

Old 12-16-2003, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Carputing's (LS1Edit) phone number?

Hey guys, I need to be able to call Carputing about getting some help. My computer in my car has a burned out section of it (one of the fan controles is dead) and I will need to replace the entire computer. When I do this, I will need to get my LS1edit box replaced/cleared/whatever so I can use it with the new computer. Phone number?
Old 12-16-2003, 05:39 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i think you can goto the dealer with a computer or buy a computer there and they can flash in the stock programing for your car, this would include the original vin number.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:44 PM
7 Second Club

Received 282 Likes on 186 Posts

haha, goodluck. No phone #. Email them using the email addy on their website for directions on sending the cable back. Last I heard flashing the VIN won't cut it. It locks onto the PCM ID or something unique to the PCM, not just the VIN.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nic00Z28M6
haha, goodluck. No phone #. Email them using the email addy on their website for directions on sending the cable back. Last I heard flashing the VIN won't cut it. It locks onto the PCM ID or something unique to the PCM, not just the VIN.

damnit....nobody seems to have their number (which sucks ***).

Thats what I was told (about the "box" reading the PCM ID). I talked to them (an old email I don't have anymore ) a while back about this and they said I would have to send the little "box" thing in with the recept for the new PCM. They would reflash the little "box" (or something) so I could use it with the new PCM.

I emailed them today but it would be nice to actually TALK to someone there.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:40 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I read on here at one time that their fax number is their phone number, they just don;t advertise that fact. I don't know if this is legit-I never tried to call them-just repeating what I read somewhere.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

called thier fax today, and it is a fax number!
Old 12-17-2003, 05:28 AM
On The Tree

The number is - 1800 NO SUPPORT

If you get a new PCM, you will need to send your LS1Edit cable back to them to be 'reset' so to speak, as others have mentioned, locking the cable to the VIN is not the only lock mechanism used for a single vehicle license.

Standby your Email box I suppose
Old 12-17-2003, 09:08 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ken has been very good about returning e-mails...

Ryan k.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Fetumpsh
The number is - 1800 NO SUPPORT
That’s not too far from the truth........what kind of business does not give its customers (or even potential customers) a phone number with which to call and TALK to someone about problems/questions/concerns
Old 12-19-2003, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Any question I've sent to Ken was replied to within 24 hours...
Old 12-19-2003, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

That’s not too far from the truth........what kind of business does not give its customers (or even potential customers) a phone number with which to call and TALK to someone about problems/questions/concerns

One that doesn't want to talk to their customers on the phone, but instead prefers email.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ChrisB
[/b]

One that doesn't want to talk to their customers on the phone, but instead prefers email.
Im very happy with the product, when I had a problem it was a total pain juggling emails for several days, when I could have had my problem solved in a 5 minute phone call.....Not everybody lives on or by there PC.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:55 PM
11 Second Truck Club

what MNSS said!
Old 12-20-2003, 12:00 AM
11 Second Club

Everybody Quit Bashing Carputing Already!! Get Your New Ecm Flashed With Your Stock Program And Get On With It. If Everybody Had Their Number And Called Them All The Time To Bitch Or Ask Questions That They Can't Answer, They Would Have No Time To Build Their Great Product.

I Am Sure That Someone Will Give Me Grief About My Post, But, I Don't Care. Everybody Complains About Their Software But Nobody Ever Says Anything Good About Them. Without Carputing, We Would Have Nothing At All. Once Again, Everybodys Motor Is Different And For Them To Say That One Parameter Will Do Whatever Is Not For Them To Say Because It Does Not Work That Way.

Have A Nice Freaking Day!
Old 12-20-2003, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

The phone would be a total waste of resources for them. Tied up answering a bunch of stupid questions because people can't figure things out.

I'm with Texas Terminator

If you bought it You knew support was via Email. Duh
Old 12-20-2003, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Texas Terminator
Everybody Quit Bashing Carputing Already!! Get Your New Ecm Flashed With Your Stock Program And Get On With It. If Everybody Had Their Number And Called Them All The Time To Bitch Or Ask Questions That They Can't Answer, They Would Have No Time To Build Their Great Product.

I Am Sure That Someone Will Give Me Grief About My Post, But, I Don't Care. Everybody Complains About Their Software But Nobody Ever Says Anything Good About Them. Without Carputing, We Would Have Nothing At All. Once Again, Everybodys Motor Is Different And For Them To Say That One Parameter Will Do Whatever Is Not For Them To Say Because It Does Not Work That Way.

Have A Nice Freaking Day!
100% correct, the best customer service is not having to have it.
try these guys, I havenever used them.

http://pcmforless.com/
Old 12-20-2003, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

PCMforless are good folks. That's Bryan Herter (now part of JD's High Performance, a sponsor here -> ).

And Texas Terminator has it exactly right as to why Carputing doesn't post their phone number. That's why Steve Cole stopped selling TTS Mastertune to 'regular' customers. He started having to spend his entire day trying to explain how to tune an engine... for a $300 software package. That's not the way he wanted to make money. He wanted to sell the tool, not teach folks how to use it. No instructions are included for hammers, right? Look at Tunercat... there's no phone number for them either.

Since day 1, Carputing's problem support method has been via email, and the 'how to tune' has been the mailing list (they are on the lists at http://www.ls1edit.com ). That's worked very well for them (in my opinion). A barrage of "how do I tune my car" phone calls can burn you out fast... and then where would we be?

-Andrew
Old 12-20-2003, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
PCMforless are good folks. That's Bryan Herter (now part of JD's High Performance, a sponsor here -> ).

And Texas Terminator has it exactly right as to why Carputing doesn't post their phone number. That's why Steve Cole stopped selling TTS Mastertune to 'regular' customers. He started having to spend his entire day trying to explain how to tune an engine... for a $300 software package. That's not the way he wanted to make money. He wanted to sell the tool, not teach folks how to use it. No instructions are included for hammers, right? Look at Tunercat... there's no phone number for them either.

Since day 1, Carputing's problem support method has been via email, and the 'how to tune' has been the mailing list (they are on the lists at http://www.ls1edit.com ). That's worked very well for them (in my opinion). A barrage of "how do I tune my car" phone calls can burn you out fast... and then where would we be?

-Andrew

I agree with Camaroholic. I bought the software with a complete lack of tuning knowledge. I realized I would need to educate myself and was lucky enough to find this board and the Edit list. A BIG THANKSto all on this board for my education. (side note: I once emailed Camaroholic with a tuning question - he responded promptly and provided invaluable assistance.....saved me mucho time running down a blind alley. His interest and kindness left me absolutely friggen speechless.)
If Carputing had held my hand through my "tuning trials", via the phone, I guarentee the software would cost 5 - 10 times as much. And I would have spent alot of time "on hold".
The current system is very efficient with a minimum of internet myth injected.
A major Key, I think, to this "Efficiency " is this board - LS1Tech. I'd rather receive accurate, timely info from the guys on this board than talk to someone, reading from a scripted flow sheet, anyway.
Just my .02
And.....NoGo.......he is The Man!

joel

Search this Thread