PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No start condition. Crank Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start condition. Crank Sensor?

I have a 98 Trans Am A4, stock longblock except for small Vengeance cam VRX1.The car sat for about a year until I got around to putting a motor in it. When I first installed the motor it started right up and ran, throwing no codes (I am using HP Tuners Scan Tool). Ir started several (About 5 or 6 times) after the initial startup and idled and ran fine on its own. The last time it ran I took it for a quick roll up and down the street (1/2 mile) and it drove fine, for not being tuned. When I got the car back to the house it would not backup, it kept stalling as soon as I put it in gear, but did run a little when I worked the throttle. After that the car was started a couple more times and ran for a couple minutes. The last time the car died on its own.

I went out on a nice day to start the car and when I keyed the ignition I did not hear the fuel pump. I had a pump anyway that I planned to install before I got the car to the dyno, so I installed it as I planned to do no matter what to see if maybe that was the issue. Well I am posting here, so it didnt fix it. The car sounds like it wants to start, but will not. It sometimes bucks a little like it is about to but just dies.

I scanned the car while cranking and am seeing a max on 18 deg. of timing and no more than 400 RPM, and it only peaked there once, the rest of the time was low 200's jumpin to mid 350's. The scanner is reading RPM and showin timing, so not sure if that would eliminate a crank sensor or not.

Any other ideas on what is might be? Other other tests to run? Any input is greatly appreciated