Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning for Speed Density, wont pass State Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tuning for Speed Density, wont pass State Inspection

I have a 2000 C5, and Im tired of the Mass Air issues Im having. So, Im wanting to tune the car for speed density. But, I was told that eventhough I wont have an SES light on the dash, I will still be throwing a code on the PCM, and when I go to get my state inspection, its gonna show that mass air code and I wont pass inspection.... Any ideas guy.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Set the codes to "do not report"
Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

You can either set the codes to do not report (which from my experience does weird things sometimes) or you can upgrade to a SD enhancement like HPTuners or EFI Live have.

What is your MAF doing? Is it de-screened? If it is de-screened then that is more than likely your problem... I hate tuning cars that have this done because the MAF sensor will see turbulence which in turn makes the frequencey/aiflow it picks spikey which is very hard to tune. But it can be tuned just takes a little more tuning.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Yes sir, it is de-screened. I just had them tune it for speed density. But, now I have an even bigger problem. I dont wanna say anything on the board just yet, but now I have a spun bearing after getting the tune. I went to leave the shop and noticed that when I came to a stop that my oil pressure dropped to 10 lbs. I came home and cut open my oil filter and its loaded with brass bearing. Man, Im so pissed... What if anything can I do about this. It was just fine when I took it to the shop. They said after a couple of pulls that I had fueling issues, but they continued to tune on it, bringing it up and up in RPMS... Making pull after pull after pull.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Something's fishy there like I posted in your other thread. I hope they will do something about it.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
Something's fishy there like I posted in your other thread. I hope they will do something about it.
Yes sir. Me too. I had a HORRIBLE feeling about the whole thing. Since this shop didnt build my car they really didnt have any reason to care about the outcome.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

I'm in the same boat, going to put the MAF back on just to get thru inspection, maybe leave it on. If I set my MAF codes to do not report, the car won't start.

Quick Reply: Tuning for Speed Density, wont pass State Inspection