Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No start issue. Need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start issue. Need help!!

Ok heres the run down. I have a ls1/t56 in my 240sx out of a 2000 firebird. I had everything installed and running last year. Then there was this loud ticking noise coming from the driverside head. So over the summer i pulled the motor and had it rebuilt with forged pistons and had new bearings and had the machine shop look over eveything. Well i have everything back in the car and the hooked up and now no start. I checked if the fuel injectors are getting juice with a noid light and they are. Then i checked the plug wires and they are getting spark. The crank and cam sensors are both pluged in and so are all the other sensors. What could be causing this? Could the new piston rings not be sealing properly? I need help from the ls1 gods!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

do you have proper fuel pressure? which should be somewhere between 55-60 psi, if not start there, if you dont have a fuel pressure gauge, spray some b-12 in the throttle body and see if it fires off.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Teching In

I have the same fuel pump as last year which is basically brand new and I can hear it humming. but wouldnt you have at least a back fire out the exhaust or intake if there was fuel and spark in the cylinders? Is it possible for the spark to be too weak? and if so what would cause that? Im about to pull the timing cover to make sure the cam gear and crank gear are dot to dot- could this be a possible problem?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuel pumps go bad from sitting, check the pressure
Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Lightbulb And..

Originally Posted by poconojoe
Fuel pumps go bad from sitting, check the pressure
injectors get gummed up sitting w/old fuel in them. I see it frequently on j/y engines. The j/y guy sends me his problem injs... Some are so nasty, they are junk.