Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wait4Me tune and Diablosport compatibliity

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait4Me tune and Diablosport compatibliity

Im new to this game. Looking to get a Diablosport just so I can tweek fan temps, tire size type stuff, and maybe even transmission shift points-maybe. Lots to learn before I play with those type settings. Looking forward to it though.

I also would like to use it to monitor DTC codes for diagnostics

Should I expect any communication or compatibility troubles with having a Wait4Me tune done for my 82 Corvette LS1-4L60E conversion?

Appreciate any replies.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

it will rewrite everything to a diablosport tune, not just change certain things.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Seems a silly question, I know.

If I don't go in and download the Predator tune to the PCM, then I would expect nothing would happen. All I'm wanting to do is check codes, clear codes, and maybe tweek fan temps, tire size, type parameters that are not directly included with the engine fuel-spark mapped "tune" parameters.

Anyone ever attempt this with a PCM that has been stroked by a Wait4Me tune?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
it will rewrite everything to a diablosport tune, not just change certain things.
Incorrect.

If you want to simply change fan settings, tire size, etc. Let the Predator take the backup from the PCM. Then select the Factory HP tune and change the parameters you want to tweak.

The rest of the tune will remain unchanged.

If you install one of the Performance tunes, it will make changes to the spark and fueling among other things.

As long as there is a valid VIN and valid GM partnumbers in the PCM, the Predator should have no problems with the PCM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by y2khawk
Incorrect.

If you want to simply change fan settings, tire size, etc. Let the Predator take the backup from the PCM. Then select the Factory HP tune and change the parameters you want to tweak.

The rest of the tune will remain unchanged.

If you install one of the Performance tunes, it will make changes to the spark and fueling among other things.

As long as there is a valid VIN and valid GM partnumbers in the PCM, the Predator should have no problems with the PCM.
correct ^ ^ ^ ^

the "Factory HP Tune" is a modifiable copy of the "original backup" tune copy that the predator will make... and in your case, the original backup tune would be the wait4me tune in your pcm...

However, if the custom wait4me tune is done with hp-tuners custom O/S, then you will have issues, since it will not be the GM operating system anymore...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it has an HPT custom OS, the DS will not be able to read it out. Custom OS's are locked (on the HPT platform).

Quick Reply: Wait4Me tune and Diablosport compatibliity