Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you adjust your a/f with the lc1

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you adjust your a/f with the lc1

Just wondering because I'm about to buy one and does it give you much more control over your a/f then a d/s tuner does no offense to d/s of course LOL oh and it works on obd2? Just a little confused here.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

The LC-1 will only monitor fueling.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so therefore I have to adjust it by using my d/s handheld at least it will be more accurate then my damn aeroforce gauge! LOL
Old 02-25-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Right. Do you have a way to log the data from the LC-1?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah I have a laptop but no sort of tuning program other then a d/s handheld and it's an older model so it doesnt log.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

This is where the LM-1 is a better choice. The Predator isn't going to let you tweak the fuel in 400 RPM increments like efilive but you can see your AFR and the Predator can get you into the ballpark.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onebadazzls1ta
so therefore I have to adjust it by using my d/s handheld at least it will be more accurate then my damn aeroforce gauge! LOL
LOL Good luck getting it anywhere near being accurate without a proper tuning suite.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does the lm1 have a round display too? I would like to put it in my pillar pod, so from what i gather from you guys you can......tune with the lm1 right? I know all about not having to much adjustability with the d/s that's exactly why I'm going for a different tuner when I can afford it but in the mean time I want an lm1 or something I can try to get my fuel trims in check with. Yeah with the d/s you have like no adjustability on your trims especially in 100 rpm increments.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So let me get this right guys the lm1 can auto calibrate but how accurate is it? And yes I see that there is a round gauge as an option, So it's a laptop based tuning program and how idiot proof is it? I know your only supposed to change things 1% at a time when tuning.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

The LM-1 and LC-1 are equally accurate. The LC-1 does come with Logworks software that you can datalog with. Pretty simple. Check out their forum / instructions.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

The Innovate! wideband kits are just that; they do not tune. The LM-1 has internal memory and can log data. The controller (box) is about 3.5" X 7" X 2" and has a square LCD display. You are correct in that you can connect a gauge to LC/M-1 controllers in one way or another. The free software that is used by the WB controller comes in two applets. The Programmer and LogWorks. The LMProgrammer gives you the ability to establish Lambda / AFR calibration. In other words you can assign a voltage scope for the calibration of the oxygen ratio. It does more than that but to put it into simple terms it makes more sense as you get into it. LogWorks allows you to extract and display the logged data from the LM-1 controller. I find the graphs to be very detailed, helpful and visual.

The sensor calibration which you are talking about only needs to be done the first time you hook the sensor up and anytime you suspect the free air calibration has changed. It isn't a consideration at this point.

You probably should spend some time investigating the wideband kits available. For example, the LM-1 is no longer sold directly from Innovate!, they have moved on to their next rendition - the LM-2.

For tuning AFR, your Predator is adequate for now if you know what your air/fuel ratio is during driving and open throttle. If you get deeper into tuning or you go beyond mere bolt on modifications you will either want to seek professional tuning or learn how to do it yourself. If you decide to learn how to tune then you will want to invest in tuning hard/software such as eFILive or HPTuners. I call it hard/software because you need a "cable" which interfaces between the PCM and the software on something like a laptop.

A wideband kit that logs data and a good handheld programmer like the Predator is about as inexpensive as you can go. Especially since you already have the Predator.

I hope this gives you a better idea of what tuning entails. Between my wideband kit, eFILive's Commercial 2 license Scan & Tune package and a decent used laptop, I have about $1,400 invested. If you just go for a good wideband that can log data, I think that you can stay at a lot less than half of that. And BTW, you can probably upgrade your Predator with memory and the ability to log data. This isn't wideband logging but you can certainly adjust fuel trims using the data from your narrowband sensors.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes there's an updated version of the d/s tuner out but you loose the ability to disable air and egr so therefore my ses light will be on all the time, also with the newer version you can log too. But seeming as I dont have a.i.r. or egr anymore I dont wanna loose that ability