Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start with new injector data

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car won't start with new injector data

I've done a head/intake/TB swap over the winter. I also switched to a set of 42lb. Green Top injectors. Tonight was my first attempt at a start-up, and things didn't go so well.

I changed ONLY the injector data, per the Banish Excel file, while watching the DVD.

I loaded this new data and the car will not fire.

The car runs with my old tune (which was done by a local professional, and is FAR from complete) but not very well, as could be expected.

I assume that starting with the proper injector data is the correct starting point. Can someone please look over my tune, specifically the injector data, and give me a little insight please?

Battery is now dead also.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
GreenTopsFollowingBanish.hpt (506.5 KB, 134 views)

Last edited by nmcqueen469; 02-27-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size are your injectors?
I can tell you that your Injector Flow Rate is waaaaay off. It is sized for a 200lb injector. Check out your calculations. On my stock 99 C5 tune, the first number in the IFR table is 36.52. When I recalculated for my 30lb SVO injectors it is 34.66. Yours is 6.xx, that cannot be right. You have similar cam to mine, I'm not sure what your injectors are rated at, but based on my numbers, I'm thinking you should be somewhere in the low 30s.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Load all of the stock injector tables back in and start over. You did not follow the instructions, as stated above the IFR is way wrong.

The IFR should be from scaled from 52-57

While your in the tune, flatten the PE table, get rid of the stairmaster look.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I put a set of green tops in a LS1 today and i put in the correct IFR numbers, It was at 110% DC with stockers up top. Guess what...It didn't start, I find if your old tune is already close with old injectors and fuel trims are good afrs are good, you should still have a VE table that is very close to the one you have. Otherwise the VE will need to be reduced as the IFR will be to low, then it knock your timing table out aswell as g/cyl values can drop off 20 odd % then after you spend a while fixing the VE you will need to redo the spark table too. I started with 42 pounds in the tune (5.3 I think I had) and ended up around 6 as the fuel trims were =20% with 42 entered into the tune. I raised it closer to 6 or touch higher fuel trims come back to within 5% and topend afr was very close (i didnt judge by topend as i had 110% DC before) all the mid range fuelling was very close just a minor touch up. And the g/cyl values were the same as before so timing table remained untouched.You can tell if the IFR is out just by looking at the VE of a tuned motor with injectors. All the starting issues with this car was from it being 20% rich.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by racecar
What size are your injectors?
I can tell you that your Injector Flow Rate is waaaaay off. It is sized for a 200lb injector. Check out your calculations. On my stock 99 C5 tune, the first number in the IFR table is 36.52. When I recalculated for my 30lb SVO injectors it is 34.66. Yours is 6.xx, that cannot be right. You have similar cam to mine, I'm not sure what your injectors are rated at, but based on my numbers, I'm thinking you should be somewhere in the low 30s.
Green tops are bosch ev6 42 pounders I believe.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

I just changed my IFR table. I had the units wrong, I put in g/sec, not lb/hr.

I'll load it later, hopefully a simple fix.

Quick Reply: Car won't start with new injector data