PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idling Problem

Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idling Problem

This car has been tuned and fine for the last year and a half. Two days ago the cars idle jumps while coming to a stop. The idle seemed to get high enough like the car was on cruise control.
I replaced the iac, thinking this was the problem, did the reset and so on so it could relearn. The car in park or neutral idles from about 2000 to almost 3000, in reverse or drive it is about 1200 to 1300. When driving, the cars rpms dont seem to want to come down at all.
I personally dont have any tuning experience at all, but i do have access to hp tuners which was used to tune the car, and unfortunately I can not reach the person who tuned the car as of yet.
I have checked for vacuum leaks and the basics and nothing really jumps out as a problem.
The car is an a4 with an 3800 stall, ms3 with 5.3 texas speed heads, fast 90 intake and tb and car was tuned as speed density so no maf.
Any ideas of where to start and what to look for or at would be greatly appreciated. Also any information i may have left out please ask.
Other than hunting down the tuner on a statewide manhunt i have personally ran out of solutions.

Thanks

Search this Thread