PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing bad o2 sensor codes after axle install and tune

Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwing bad o2 sensor codes after axle install and tune

Just picked up my car last night and on the way home my ses light pops back on. I didn't really think anything of it. Just figured they forgot to tune out my air injection/egr crap. So i get home from work today and pull the dtc's. Here's what i got.

p0412 Secondary air injection valve A circuit
p1133 Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1
p0135 bank 2 sensor 1...didn't jot the details down for this one sorry
p1153 Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1

From what ive gathered its telling me that both my front o2's are bad...kinda odd since my d/s one is brand new only been on a month or 2. 3 at the most! Could these codes be caused by the flashing of my pcm? I erased the codes so we'll see if the o2's come back.. just looking for any feedback. I emailed the shop and they offered to tune the injection out like they said they would the first time , so thats a plus. I'm going out now to check my fuses.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:14 AM
TECH Resident

It appears they left some things unplugged. I would look under the car for weather packs hanging down.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:51 AM
12 Second Club

I was under it before I drove it home. I'm pretty sure the o2s were plugged up. What do you mean by weather packs? I checked the o2 fuse it seems to be good. Need to put a meter on it to be sure.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

weatherpack = automotive weather proof electrical connector....

The "insufficient switching" simply means the O2s aren't putting out enough variation.

If it is all hooked up then I would think it is something that has been done in the tuning process and your tuner should be able to fix it.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

i cleared the codes last night and took it around the block (about 3 miles or so) Also drove it to work and back today. So all together about 30 miles or so and no codes yet. I think you have to drive 50 or more for it to completely reset. Bein that i only had the secondary air injection code before the tune im almost certain it has to do with the tune. Just making sure i get my facts straight before i point any fingers. The shops sales rep emailed me saying that sometimes in rare occasions headers will make o2's pulse incorrectly. Anyone ever heard of this?
Old 03-05-2010, 06:25 AM
TECH Resident

I don't so much think it is the distance driven as it is the number of "run cycles". Codes differ with the number of cycles required to trip the MIL. If you have a scan tool I would think you can see the pending codes before the SES light comes on. I know my actron cp945 unit shows pending and persistent DTCs. Please post the results as things progress.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

Still waiting for the secondary air and i'm guessing the o2 heater ready codes to set. I'm supposed to take my car back to the tuner today but dont think it'll do much good if those readiness codes dont set before i get there. Its about 70 miles there so ill cross my fingers.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

EFILive shows 2 trips for the readiness on all 4 of your codes. What I think this means is after 2 run cycles you should have a ready or MIL situation. Maybe the setting within the efilive tune is not the same setting that is in your PCM but I would think it is.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

Back from National Speed. They took the car back for about 10 min. Was told that sometimes the program they used is buggy like that. All codes have been reset now i just have to wait for them to be in ready status again.
*sigh* Inspections here in NC are pretty strict. Cant even buy tags without an inspection here. I'm def. not likin this situation. Pretty much forced to drive around with no tags till i get this thing whipped

Search this Thread