Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Process of Frost (Review)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Process of Frost (Review)

I know there are a lot of threads out there about Steve, but I just wanted to put in my two cents for those wondering about the process and Steve in general

I have a limited budget and it takes me a while to save up money and when I do I want the best bang for the buck; Knowing that any modification I do to my car at this point would require a tune. I have heard only good things about Steve and decided to give him a try and contacted him through Tunedbyfrost.com.
Over the coarse of three months he answered every question that I had and gave me advice on the products I was thinking about buying. His advice stopped me from making some big mistakes, even though at the time it would cost him my business. (Remember tuning for a powerdyne question Steve!)
His website was very helpful detailing everything that you can get with a "mail order tune".
I finally decided on gears for the rear and the tune just topping out my budget. When I got my car back from the shop, I pulled the computer from my car with the directions steve provided on his website. I tell you not that even with the directions, pulling it for the first time was nerve racking, I am sending the brain of my car out and hoping to god this guy Steve doesn't screw it up. But with the advice I found on here and all of the good words from Steve,
I put it along with the detail sheet Steve wants you to fill out in the hands of the UPS store which took six days to get it there. Steve gotgot it late on Tuesday and with some questions I asked, he let me know what he had done to my computer and sent it out the same day he completed the work.
I got it back in two days and I live in Arizona, (F.U. UPS I am going with USPS from now on!) I put it in my car and started it up a couple of times because of the weak idle and did not panic about it (Also because of an information sheet Steve sent along with the computer).
I took it out for a spin and immediatly felt it shift like the muscle cars of yester year. I have owned several muscle cars including a 72 SS Chevelle and a Pontiac Firebird 400, and it shifted just like that. It immediatly popped into gear. I have not been able to take it hard off of the line because I am still breaking in the gears, but from a roll I notice a better throttle response. I know it is hard to differentiate the gears from the tune, but I do know that when I do take my car off the line, I will have the full potential of the LS1 thanks to Steve.

Thank you Steve for your patience with the ignorant people.....
Old 03-06-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received my PCM and I cannot be more happy. You can ask my wife, I could not stop smiling as my car quick shifted powerfully through all gears. I had goosebumps from that ride and wanted to go again! Thank you so much Steve! I cant believe the service and price that i get for the in the seat performance. Actually I CAN!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve is NUMBER 1!

Old 03-06-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Amen to that. His tuning allowed me to drop almost a full second and i didn't add any mods to my car. Great guy to work with(he left the Warp tour early to work on my car due to my busy schedule).
Old 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Very much agreed. Steve is a great guy to deal with! Got my car running spot on
Old 03-07-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up The Man

Yeah I just got my tuned installed . Mail order fuel trims are on the money way less gas smell no poping at wot! Way less bucking !

Steve is great guy!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Default Zaxz28

One more thing on (Your two cents ) Those two cents to you are worth more than a million dollars to a job well done for a customer!
I think know days so many people and things are so fast pasted we forget to thank people !

Congrats on your car!

Quick Reply: The Process of Frost (Review)