PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP LS3 controller-anyone from GM think you can help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMPP LS3 controller-anyone from GM think you can help?

So now that I have it in hand and have read the instructions I just have a few questions.

to quote directly from the booklet in regards to VSS;
"-Vehicle speed ( Brown )- This is a non scaled output for use with auto-scaling speedometers and will not function unless a vehicle speed sensor ( VSS ) is connected to the ECM through the VSS wire in the harness. Note that a VSS signal is not required for engine operation."
So does this mean the ECM will not need a VSS at all in order to fully function in the vehicle, or that I dont need a VSS to start the motor, but long term im better off with a VSS for driveability? I was told in the past the motor would die occasionally while coming to a stop. It states earlier in the manual as well " Attachment of a vehicle speed sensor is optional and not required by the ECM" as well.

Next, I would like to cover a few throttle body issues/ questions. I have a L92 engine from a 2007 escalade (that I forged/ cammed etc., eliminated VVT, and will obviously need some tuning anyhow, which can be accomplished via HP tuners etc., after adding a 2006 cts-v vin to the ECM), Do I need a TAC module and throttle body from a 2006 cts-v, instead of my escalade pieces, to function with my ECM and throttle Pedal from the GMPP LS3 controller ( TBW obviously ). And also, can the TBW be deleted in favor of a cable driven throttle body in the ECM without issue? The only reason I would give up TBW is I have a TH-350 that will run behind the motor, and I would like to be able to control downshifts via the throttle pedal/ kickdown cable. If this will cause other headaches, I will just have to reach down and grab a gear when I pedal it, no biggie.

Aside from that, this harness is very well laid out for a general swap like mine with minimal accessories. Nice labels and looks/ feels like good quality. I liked the idea of buying a harness from GM just based on the fact that OEM wiring and computers are built around long term service in cars and the OEM's know what it takes to build a lasting piece, although im sure aftermarket harness are close if not better, but the GMPP stand alone is a pretty damn good bargain as well .