Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotap HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autotap HELP!!

First off I would like to say this is my first post here and I love the site.

My problem is my AT does not work at all on my laptop. Unfortunally it doesnt have a serial port either. I've tried 2 different USB to Serial cables including a Belkin and a CTG (Cables to Go). Today I got my "Socket Serial PC Card" the kind that fits in the PCMCIA slot. And still AT doesnt work. I even dragged my regular computer and hooked it up to no avail. Now I'm getting pissed... My PC Card is using COM3 and I;ve tried differnet COM port settings and still nothing.

In AT, i get the "No AT found on COM 1,2,3" message. IN EFILive I when it scans ports it gets to COM3 and says AT V2 detected, then Establishing protocalls, then the No response from interface error message. I've also checked the power at the obdii port and its right at 12v on pins 5 and 16. Personally I think the AT module is FUD. BTW, this is the AT1 version I got from lmperformance. I called AT today but their lines where busy and they never returned my call. I gona try again tomorrow if they open.. Maybe you guys can help in the meantime..

Oh and my some info on why the engine light is on and my reason for getting AT in the first place..duh lol. After putting my headers on I must of left the #8 plug wire loose and well you know the pain that one is... well it finally came off the other day and it started skipping, engine light flashing (misfire)and all. SO when I found the cause being the loose wire, I went ahead with a set of new plugs, (needed them anyway) and the light went off after a bit of driving. Well the other day it came back on again. I think its still related to the misfire but I'm not positive since I havent got the code yet with this friggin AT not working..

Car is:
2000 Camaro Z28
SLP LT headers, y-pipe and cats. Not much else yet.. lol

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Restricted User

In EFILive, once you get the "no protocols message window", select the "Report" tab page and save the report. Then email it to support@efilive.com (add your west1055 name to the email so I can match it to this thread).
I'll take a look and see if I can tell you what the problem is.

Regards
Paul
Old 12-31-2003, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EFIliveV5
In EFILive, once you get the "no protocols message window", select the "Report" tab page and save the report. Then email it to support@efilive.com (add your west1055 name to the email so I can match it to this thread).
I'll take a look and see if I can tell you what the problem is.

Regards
Paul
thanks, you have email.

I killed my batt this evening fiddlin around with the damn thing so bout all I was able to get was that error report. I was WAY suprised how quick it killed my batt, I dont think I had the switch on for 15min or so and drained it down to 8volts. Lol cheap batt I guess, maybe that is some of my problems?
Old 01-02-2004, 04:19 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Sending e-mail to you too EFILiveV5
I'm also having a problem with EFILive v.6

Here's the thread where I posted my problem...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/125665-can-t-get-efi-live-v6-work.html

Thanks
Old 01-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Restricted User

When EFILive is used on a laptop or desktop that has multiple devices connected to COM ports, some of those devices, particularly modems can "appear" to EFILive to be an AutoTap AT1 V1.x cable. What that means is the autodetect feature of EFILive picks up the modem as the AutoTap cable and tries to connect to the vehicle using the modem - which is obviously never going to work.

This auto detect problem will be fixed in the next patch release of EFILive.

Meanwhile, what you need to do is to explicitly tell EFILive which COM port your cable is connected to.
Go to the Properties window (Alt+Enter) and set the COM port to the correct COM port for the AutoTap cable and uncheck the "Scan all com ports" check box.

Regards
Paul
Old 01-02-2004, 05:50 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Originally Posted by EFIliveV5
When EFILive is used on a laptop or desktop that has multiple devices connected to COM ports, some of those devices, particularly modems can "appear" to EFILive to be an AutoTap AT1 V1.x cable. What that means is the autodetect feature of EFILive picks up the modem as the AutoTap cable and tries to connect to the vehicle using the modem - which is obviously never going to work.

This auto detect problem will be fixed in the next patch release of EFILive.

Meanwhile, what you need to do is to explicitly tell EFILive which COM port your cable is connected to.
Go to the Properties window (Alt+Enter) and set the COM port to the correct COM port for the AutoTap cable and uncheck the "Scan all com ports" check box.

Regards
Paul
Thanks
That did work, but now it connects and brings up a screen that asks if I want to register EFI Live
There are tabs labeled, "License 1, License 2, etc." it has 5 licenses available.
It asks for the serial number, my name, if it's standard, professional or another option, and the registration key.
I put those in and it gives an error then says it disabled some options.
I can't get a real time screen to watch or log...plus I can't use the bi-directional controls or much of anything really...
Look at the red lettering...it shows that after I put in all the info (serial #, reg ket, etc.) then a window pops up saying it's incorrect info or something, then it goes on but disables features.
***EDIT*** I gotta e-mail efilive.com my reg key, serial, etc. to unlock version 6

Last edited by Chingon; 01-02-2004 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Teching In

I'm sending my AT back to B&B for them to look at. I think the interface module is FUD.

Now to wait on a new one...
Old 01-02-2004, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by west1055
I'm sending my AT back to B&B for them to look at. I think the interface module is FUD.

Now to wait on a new one...
I have no idea if this is related to the problem your having, but when I upgraded to V6, I had to get a new registration key code. I sent EFILive my hardware serial number and old registration number and they sent me a new reg. number to use with V6 software.
http://www.efilive.com/upgrade.html
Old 01-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Greg_E
I have no idea if this is related to the problem your having, but when I upgraded to V6, I had to get a new registration key code. I sent EFILive my hardware serial number and old registration number and they sent me a new reg. number to use with V6 software.
http://www.efilive.com/upgrade.html
Na. V5 or V6 doesnt work. Neither did the Autotap software itself work. It never even found the cable connected, never got past the registrtation part in autotap. I'm purdy sure its a bad module.