PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why would an 01 Z06 be running in cell 22 all the time except on decel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why would an 01 Z06 be running in cell 22 all the time except on decel?

I can't figure this one out. For no reason, my friend's 01 Z06 starting running kind of crappy this morning, like it was loading up at part throttle. Under wide open it still felt the same at it always does (fast as hell). So, I plugged in and the stupid car is running in cell 22 almost all the time except on decel, cell 21, and idle, cell 20. So, I let the car sit there idling for like 15 minutes looking through his old LS1 edit files just to see if we'd changed anything that might effect this, and while sitting there after about 10 minutes, I tap the throttle and it hits cell 4...so I take it for a cruise and now it hitting all the cells just like normal.

The saga continues...I shut the car off just to see what happens, let it sit for a half hour, same thing. Cells 20,21,and 22 only. Take it for a drive, same deal, except this time for about 20 seconds it hits cell 4, and then back to 22. Any guesses guys?
Old 12-31-2003, 08:27 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check to see if "Fuel Trim Learn" is switching to Enable. Also check to see if the engine is going to closed loop. It could be the closed loop enable temp was somehow changed or the temp value is too high. As usual, check all harness plug connections under the hood.

Good luck,

Richard
Old 12-31-2003, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sbrown99TA
I can't figure this one out. For no reason, my friend's 01 Z06 starting running kind of crappy this morning, like it was loading up at part throttle. Under wide open it still felt the same at it always does (fast as hell). So, I plugged in and the stupid car is running in cell 22 almost all the time except on decel, cell 21, and idle, cell 20. So, I let the car sit there idling for like 15 minutes looking through his old LS1 edit files just to see if we'd changed anything that might effect this, and while sitting there after about 10 minutes, I tap the throttle and it hits cell 4...so I take it for a cruise and now it hitting all the cells just like normal.

The saga continues...I shut the car off just to see what happens, let it sit for a half hour, same thing. Cells 20,21,and 22 only. Take it for a drive, same deal, except this time for about 20 seconds it hits cell 4, and then back to 22. Any guesses guys?

Cell 22 -WOT/Open Loop
Cell 21 - Decel
Cell 20 - Idle/ Open Loop.

Open Loop - cell 22 is referenced part and wide open throttle.
So, if your only seeing these three cells it must be running open loop.
Startup is openloop and then migrates to closed loop at enable Temp - 0*C and above mine (stock) is set at 33.5*C. Did you change yours?

What DT codes are you seeing?? Coolant Temp Sensor???

joel
Old 12-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Launching!

It's not setting any DTC's and the closed loop enable temp has not been changed at all. It's just strange. Joel, if you haven't done the idle relearn procedure since flashing, would that cause it?
Old 12-31-2003, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

I'd try an Idle Relearn. I've not done it, lots of times, and my car had no trouble entering closed loop. It will Idle MUCH better after a relearn though.

TPS is supposed to reset to 0% with each closing and is cross referenced -i.e. dual sensor. I would think it would code with a screwed up TP sensor.

Is this the same car as the 90% TPS @WOT?
Old 01-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Do you think that a speed sensor not being plugged in could do it?
Old 01-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Maybe?
Old 01-04-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sbrown99TA
Maybe?
No code from disconnected sensor? Reconnect it and see what happens. Which sensor is it ?
joel