PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I get my Diablo Tuner to work with an LS6?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I get my Diablo Tuner to work with an LS6?

I'm about to swap my 2000 LS1 for an LS6 crate motor. Although I've had several custom dyno tunes installed on the LS1 since my original Diablo tune, I still used it to modify params like gear ratio, fan start and stops, wheel size, etc. Plus I sometimes use it to monitor the engine live while driving.

After I install the LS6, I'm going to have to reflash my PCM to the LS6 program. I'll probably get a custom dyno tune after that. Will I still be able to use the Diablo tuner to handle the minor mods on the LS6 tune?
Old 03-17-2010, 02:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as your tuner doesn't do anything goofy you will be fine. When you take your car in, take the handheld with you in case he has any questions.

Bring it down here to Richmond and I'll get you setup
Old 03-17-2010, 04:31 AM
TECH Resident

I spent a lot of time on the DS forum trying to figure out how I could get my Predator to tune my LS1 engine with the GM LS6 heads and cam.

Since you can't lie to the Predator about your car's VIN, which keeps you from tuning for the new engine (as though it were a corvette) you have to do it as Steve says. The car has to be tuned with something other than the Predator. Once that has been done you can save the new tune and tweak things from there. DiabloSport will recommend that you get the car tuned with ChipMasterRevolution software (from a CMR tuner) that can be put within the predator as a selectable tune choice. I didn't want to drive to another state to get my CMR tune which was going to cost $500, so I set the Predator aside and bought EFI Live.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FUN LS1
I'm about to swap my 2000 LS1 for an LS6 crate motor. Although I've had several custom dyno tunes installed on the LS1 since my original Diablo tune, I still used it to modify params like gear ratio, fan start and stops, wheel size, etc. Plus I sometimes use it to monitor the engine live while driving.

After I install the LS6, I'm going to have to reflash my PCM to the LS6 program. I'll probably get a custom dyno tune after that. Will I still be able to use the Diablo tuner to handle the minor mods on the LS6 tune?
Use the Predator to restore the stock tune to the car before you go to have it retuned, then after it is tuned with the new H/C, let the Predator read the new tune as a backup file and you'll be able to modify that file in the future just as you do now if needed...
Old 03-17-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, guys...I'm so psyched to hear the LS6 in there with headers and Loudmouth. I used the tuner today for one last time, and found my O2 sensors shorting out, I think. It'll be a snap to replace them with the engine out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can I get my Diablo Tuner to work with an LS6?