PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent PO327 - Knock Sensor, or could it be the O2's causing the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 08:55 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Intermittent PO327 - Knock Sensor, or could it be the O2's causing the problem?

My car randomly throws PO327. The light just comes on once and a while. Other times, it's never on. I've cleared it a couple times, and everytime I clear it, it comes right back. I'll drive it for a couple days, and it'll go out... and then it'll come back on sometime later.

I've been using Mobil 93 ever since I got the car, so the fuel is ruled out.

A buddy of mine suggested it might be my oxygen sensors are messed up and tripping the knock sensor code. Is this a possibility? I don't want to rip my intake out only to find the code is still there after I put new knock sensors in. Please help!
Old 01-05-2004, 10:13 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone at all??
Old 09-08-2006, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT.

Anyone have any ideas? I'll get the code cleared, drive away, and it comes back on. Is it just a bad knock sensor? When I replace the knock sensor what else do I need? like intake gaskets? thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5550racing
TTT.

Anyone have any ideas? I'll get the code cleared, drive away, and it comes back on. Is it just a bad knock sensor? When I replace the knock sensor what else do I need? like intake gaskets? thanks

u dont need anything. but a good thing is to change the knock sensor harness also. i did my yesterday. my old harness didnt full engage the knock sensor which resulted in a low voltage code for that sensor. also u want to put some RTV around the top of the black boot with a opening in the back.

also its a good time to upgrade to a ls6 intake manifold
Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Change the knock sensors, if they are covered in oil you need to replace the seals in the valley cover. And like stated above about the silicone.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
u dont need anything. but a good thing is to change the knock sensor harness also. i did my yesterday. my old harness didnt full engage the knock sensor which resulted in a low voltage code for that sensor. also u want to put some RTV around the top of the black boot with a opening in the back.

also its a good time to upgrade to a ls6 intake manifold
Cool man, Thanks. I ordered 2 knock sensors, 2 harnesses, and the intake gaskets. I'll have to wait on the ls6 intake.

Would it be a good idea to pull the EGR stuff off while I'm at it?

Quick Reply: Intermittent PO327 - Knock Sensor, or could it be the O2's causing the problem?