PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 swap into 98 F-car

Old 04-17-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default LS3 swap into 98 F-car

What do I need to know about putting a LS3 motor in my 98 Z28 from a tuning perspective? Keep the OEM PCM or use the E38? Change harnesses, keep my 42lb injectors, etc?
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I posted on your thread on HPT forum. You can keep the same injectors. You'll have to space the LS3 rail up to get the injectors in there.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To keep the 98 PCM, the crank signal is the biggest hurdle you would have... there is a converter someone makes, but I heard they are on back order.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lingenfelter makes the conversion box for the crank and cam sig. I ran the 98 pcm with my set up, worked fine. I'm now converting to the 02 pcm just because the 98 can be a pain to tune as well as more limited with big mods. I'm not sure how the e38 would work with the rest of the car, like dash, bcm. Yes its probobly the way to go but might not be practical in an Fbody. Call Lingenfelter about the conversion box, mine works very good. Not sure about the back order thing. I heard they were coming out with a new version of it and that might have been the hold up. I run ls7 injectors,which are 42's, and they are perfect for my set up.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramairbird
Lingenfelter makes the conversion box for the crank and cam sig. I ran the 98 pcm with my set up, worked fine. I'm now converting to the 02 pcm just because the 98 can be a pain to tune as well as more limited with big mods. I'm not sure how the e38 would work with the rest of the car, like dash, bcm. Yes its probobly the way to go but might not be practical in an Fbody. Call Lingenfelter about the conversion box, mine works very good. Not sure about the back order thing. I heard they were coming out with a new version of it and that might have been the hold up. I run ls7 injectors,which are 42's, and they are perfect for my set up.
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about - a friend of mine is putting an LS7 in a Mustang and tried to get one a month or so ago, and they were on backorder for some time. But like said above, call them and see.

Search this Thread