Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 Edit questions...

What exactly is it? IS it a program you buy for your lab top? Or is it something that only performance shops can get? Can you burn it and download it on you your labtop? Is it licensed to where you cant burn it with out a code? Whats the deal? Sorry if this is a dumb question but i am just trying to maybe save some $$$ if you know what i mean?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to www.carputing.com. $550 will buy it the last i checked. what does it do? allows you to modify ALMOST anything in your PCM. get scan software too if you can. www.obd2.com or www.autotap.com.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Texas Terminator
go to www.carputing.com. $550 will buy it the last i checked. what does it do? allows you to modify ALMOST anything in your PCM. get scan software too if you can. www.obd2.com or www.autotap.com.
Can you burn the program to a CD or something?
Old 01-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Can you burn the program to a CD or something?
Checkout the sites TexasTerminator listed, the info is all there.

no, you can't "just burn the program to a CD". They both use their own special hardware to hookup to the car...
Old 01-07-2004, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tony_c5_04
Checkout the sites TexasTerminator listed, the info is all there.

no, you can't "just burn the program to a CD". They both use their own special hardware to hookup to the car...
OK.. read it. Now a performance shop wants to charge 500 bucks for them to tune the 99 TA i have. Well hell, if i was gonna pay that much i could get the limited version for 550 and do it myself! Is it normal for shops to charge that much to "edit" a car?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
OK.. read it. Now a performance shop wants to charge 500 bucks for them to tune the 99 TA i have. Well hell, if i was gonna pay that much i could get the limited version for 550 and do it myself! Is it normal for shops to charge that much to "edit" a car?
Yeah, that's about the going rate.

This is not a plug and play program here, there is trial and error involved. You are also paying for the tuners "experience" or "expertise".

lets put it this way, if you owned a business and needed a custom database program, You could go get a subscription to MSDN and try to write an application for your company, that would only set you back $1000 or so... and countless hours of learning how to program and debug said application... or, you could hire an experience software developer for a little more, and have it done in alot less time without as many headaches.

Depends on what you plan on doing and if you're the "dig deep and study" kind of person. If you plan alot of changes, and love to read, read, read, then read some more then debug your methods, I would get Edit. If you think you're not going to be doing more major changes and you're more of the type that doesn't read instruction books and just jumps in, I'd have it done.