PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever see P1518 on an F-body?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever see P1518 on an F-body?

I have searched and searched and have not found anything that may solve my problem. Has anyone seen a P1518 code on a non drive-by-wire vehicle that does not pertain to a low battery or re-programming related. I have cleaned my grounds and triple-checked all the pin locations in my 2001 truck PCM. I have looked through the GM tech bulletin and have 12+ volts with key on and tune was done by a great local shop.

I do have a question for the pro's out there: does a truck PCM run the same tune as an F-body? The reason I ask this question is that I have two wiring diagrams for 2001. One is for a truck and one is for an F-body. The essential wires (injectors, coils, crank, cam, etc) are in the same locations but other sensors such as the TPS and MAP have different low reference wire pins. If my PCM was tuned for non-DBW (DriveByWire) would it make a difference if it was tuned for truck or car if this engine is in an old hotrod? Thanks!

Here is a link with my original question:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...wont-idle.html
Old 04-18-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What Operating System is in the PCM?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Have you done a search on here on drive by wire to cable conversion. Might require changing pins on ecu to get tps and iac to function properly if ecu was a drive by wire. Just a thought.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

I will have to ask my local dyno tuner what OS he used in the PCM. The pcm was originally cable throttle, part #1220411 for F-body and early truck.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever see P1518 on an F-body?