Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State inspection failed Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default State inspection failed Help!

I recently pulled my car out of storage and tried to go for inspection after the battery had died. The car failed of course so I put arround 100 miles on the car and read the codes before i went back. I still have a bunch that are reading incomplete I used a MAC scanner tool that I borrowed. I have LS1 edit and also Autotap. Is there anyway I can get these codes to read ok with ls1 edit or autotap?? My car has recently become unregister because my car needs a inspection and cant register until I have a inspection. In order to get the inspection I have to drive the car. I am in a real pickle here. So I need to get this car to pass the inspection asap beacause I am driving the car illegally. Please help thanks

Here what the tool says

misfire monitor ok
fuel system monitor ok
comp componet ok
catalyst mont (inc.)
htd catalyst n/a
evap system mon (inc.)
sec air system ok
ac refridge n/a
oxygen sensor mon (inc.)
oxygen sensor htr (inc.)
egr system mon (inc.)
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 things you can do . . . . .

Get the exact parameters that must be met for the monitors to be tested (today i had to get an explorer to go through inspection) EVAP was not ready had to be drive at 50mph at 40-110* IAT temp, idle for 15 seconds then driven again at 40mph with overdrive off.

or

A good rule to follow is 2-3 drive cycles. Let the car start cold DRIVE the car till it reaches operating temp at different speeds. Park the car let it get cold and repeat two times.

Quick Reply: State inspection failed Help!