PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1-Edit copy?

Old 01-08-2004, 04:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1-Edit copy?

I know edit is useless without the cable, but I was wondering if there was any way I could get a copy of the software to look/play with? Much the way that Auto-tap has the software for free downloads with an example run on their web site.

I just want to look at the user interface and become more familiar with it be for I give $500.oo for something that I otherwise only know as screen shots and text.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

you will be hard pressed to get anyone to give you a copy of it. there has to be someone in your area that has it that you can look at.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Im not trying to pull a fast one and rip the nice folks over at carputing off. I just want to see what it can do and how the interface is set up. I know its useless without the cable. I just want to see.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Yep, it would be nice to have some sort of "demo" available, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. As was mentioned above, your best bet would be to find someone in your area (maybe try a post in the local section or on the ls1edit mailing list)
Old 01-09-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it would shure be nice if they would offer their version 1.0 or something like that, as a demo.

i know carputing sucks when it comes to charging for updates... not a fan of that at all, after buying a $550 paperweight locked to my car.

I am waiting around for a while, to see other companies come out with a ls1edit type device, before i install my blower. Rumor has it that there should be something out in 6 months or so.

Ryan.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The website: www.carputing.com has some screen shots and feature information, there is a downloadable users guide that goes over everything in the program.

Honestly there isn't really anything to "play with" with LS1Edit. You use one program
to make changes to a .ls1 file and another to download/upload the .ls1 files and flash your PCM. You really don't need a demo to play with it, its very basic.

Lee
Old 01-09-2004, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You really need to download your computers PCM before you can really "play around" in the program. It needs something to work with or it just looks like a screen with blank pull down windows.

Search this Thread